Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN View Post

I'm thinking of bringing my own sashes for the chairs at the wedding, I wonder if any other brides who are planning on doing this, how are you figuring out how how long to make the sashes?

SAME!!!  :)

Originally Posted by beatyea View Post

I'm also going to be doing this...if you go to wedding linens direct's website you can buy pieces already cut so it takes out the hassle of figuring all that out! 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by beatyea View Post

I'm also going to be doing this...if you go to wedding linens direct's website you can buy pieces already cut so it takes out the hassle of figuring all that out! 

Beatyea: I too was thinking about bringing my own, however, I was told that they would charge a $65.00 set up fee if I were to do this. Did your wedding coordinator mention a fee to you at all?

Mine mentioned a fee but I figured it's cheaper to pay the fee then to rent the items from the.  My Coord said that I could have someone else do it but I'm not going to ask a guest to set-up

Originally Posted by JLCarrera View Post

Beatyea: I too was thinking about bringing my own, however, I was told that they would charge a $65.00 set up fee if I were to do this. Did your wedding coordinator mention a fee to you at all?

Originally Posted by leenancy View Post

Hi everyone! Can anyone tell me how strick MP is about the 20% guest passes thing? I sent out my STDs a few weeks ago and I'm starting to hear that some of our guests are booking other resorts and just purchase wedding day passes, which is fine with me if it will save them money but I'm now worried more than 20% of my guests will be at other resorts as I know at least 7 or 9 guests have told me they are using timeshares. They are all fine with purchasing their own guest passes, but I would hate to think I can't get these people into my wedding confused.gif Can anyone share their experiences or give any advice? I am also thinking of putting something on my website that tells guests they need to book at MP, but I don't want to push too much and require it. Any advice on how I should word it? Thanks so much.

I was totally stressed out about this same issue. I don't expect many guests to attend our wedding, however, there is a family of six that has a timeshare in Cancun that will definitely be attending. I knew that them alone would make me go over the 20% allotment, and I would die of embarrassment at the mere thought of having to un-invite anyone. I was totally panicking, however, Iliana, the wedding concierge in Cancun, assured me that I can get up to a maximum of 10 day passes. I am getting married in 2012 and unfortunately the Palace Resort Website and my contract state that it would be $91.00 per person. Ouch! But I'd rather pay the money than go through the embarrassment of telling this family about the additional cost involved. My only concern now is that if many more people book offsite, I'm going to have no choice but to have to ask for assistance in paying for day passes. I don't want anyone to feel like I'm "charging" them to attend my wedding, but yikes!, I would like to also have some money for favors, decorations, etc. On a happy note, Iliana did state that I can apply the resort credit to purchasing the day passes, however I believe this is because I have purchased the Amber Collection. I'm not certain if they are willing to apply it to the "Complimentary Package."

Yes I know about the fee- I also think its cheaper than renting their own and will have other things to be set up as well.

Thanks for the info, Coco! I swear I am so in awe of you! Girl, you are on top of it all! I know you are incredibly successful in your current career, but if you are ever looking for a change you should consider being a wedding coordinator. Hadn't posted in a bit until today, but must tell you that I love your completed projects. Your garter is way too cute ... may have to borrow that idea. I can't believe how many April 21st brides there are. I wish I could fly back just to play photographer all day. All you girls are truly helping me get more and more excited! I thank God every day that I found this website. The ideas and support I get from all you is amazing. The FI thinks I'm crazy for spending so much time on this site. I've explained that this site has helped me from going "bridezilla" on him. His reply...thank all those girls for me! Lol!

smile03.gifHugs and continuous happy & successful planning to all.     

That's good to know about the 10 passes!  Not sure if anyone is going to book offsite, but I did put on my website that it's $88/pp for the pass that they will have to pay.  I hope that deters people from booking off site, but I can't change it if they do!!!  :)  That is a lot of money to pay for day passes, money you can use towards so much more!  :)

I was totally stressed out about this same issue. I don't expect many guests to attend our wedding, however, there is a family of six that has a timeshare in Cancun that will definitely be attending. I knew that them alone would make me go over the 20% allotment, and I would die of embarrassment at the mere thought of having to un-invite anyone. I was totally panicking, however, Iliana, the wedding concierge in Cancun, assured me that I can get up to a maximum of 10 day passes. I am getting married in 2012 and unfortunately the Palace Resort Website and my contract state that it would be $91.00 per person. Ouch! But I'd rather pay the money than go through the embarrassment of telling this family about the additional cost involved. My only concern now is that if many more people book offsite, I'm going to have no choice but to have to ask for assistance in paying for day passes. I don't want anyone to feel like I'm "charging" them to attend my wedding, but yikes!, I would like to also have some money for favors, decorations, etc. On a happy note, Iliana did state that I can apply the resort credit to purchasing the day passes, however I believe this is because I have purchased the Amber Collection. I'm not certain if they are willing to apply it to the "Complimentary Package."

That is great to hear about the 10 day passes...I hope that applies to everyones wedding! We have a few guests staying off the resort already! In my personal opinion I don't feel you HAVE to pay for day passes, obviously it's a very nice gesture! I wouldn't feel as if I were being charged you invited them to the resort and laid down the rules and if they want to stay elsewhere let them worry about any extras, as bride you have enough worries! I wrote on my website in bold "If you plan to stay at a seperate resort you are required to purchase a day pass to attend the wedding". I was hoping this would deter my guests from booking elsewhere, hehe.

Quote:

I haven't heard from an on-site WC yet, but has anyone been able to talk with MP or their WC about allowing guests who do not book through your link or TA to be part of the guests that will help you reach your "free events"? I hope this makes sense! As of right now we have 8 guests who booked through travelocity or through a seperate TA  and they are staying at MP, but we REALLY need their nights to count!! Anyone know the answer to this I would appreciate it!! cheesy.gif