Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#2291 beachbride312

beachbride312
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

Congrats Moon palace brides,

I was trying to get a feel for gazebo brides. Did you all go for the free package? Any sugguestions. I was looking a pictures of the gazebo and I feel like its a beautiful setting without the extras?

Thanks

#2292 kyndall

kyndall
    • 151 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

Any of the reception areas that are closer in to the buildings will be less windy.  The buildings seem to be set up kind of like a U with the reception areas in the middle.  I had mine closer to the beach.  It was really windy but it had more privacy.

Originally Posted by kris10kay 

Do any past brides recommend one beach location over the other? AND What about for an outside reception, any preferences on the many options they offer? I have no idea which spots are the better locations. Are some reception areas less windy?! Any help is appreciated!! :)

#2293 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
      • Site Supporter
      • 201 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

Question for the married ladies......do any of you know how much the little bottles of tequila were? We are having an AHR upon our return and was thinking that I might pick up a bunch of those for our guests at the reception instead of doing the same old stuff that everyone else does as party favors. I wasn't sure if it was cheaper or if it would just be better to check with my friend who owns a liquor store here in Texas.

Thanks in advance!!!

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#2294 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
        • 675 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

Hi ladies!!

Question...I know this is done all the time, but I just got off the phone with FI and he is concerned about the "no outside vendor" policy and not wanting to sign our contract now.  I have re-assured him that a lot of people bring in a photog and either pay a day pass or get a room for the night.

Can you tell me what you did/will do and if they (moon palace) ever raised an issue about it!?

Thanks!!!  :)

#2295 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

I''m having my photog stay the night, he is a guest of the wedding party so no questions.  I'm not sure how others worked out for the day pass but, it seems that MP has become more strict with allowing vendors but charging a hefty fee.  Since our TTD is early the next morning and we are being provided transportation for it, we simply made it easier for all involved.

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

Hi ladies!!

Question...I know this is done all the time, but I just got off the phone with FI and he is concerned about the "no outside vendor" policy and not wanting to sign our contract now.  I have re-assured him that a lot of people bring in a photog and either pay a day pass or get a room for the night.

Can you tell me what you did/will do and if they (moon palace) ever raised an issue about it!?

Thanks!!!  :)

#2296 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
            • Site Supporter
            • 81 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

I asked for the photographer to be removed from the contract wording and told them I wanted an outside photographer. They said that was fine I would just have to pay the $90 day pass fee, they removed the wording and sent it back to me.  I hand wrote in (just to be sure) that I was using an outside photographer with the cost of a day pass and sent it back.

#2297 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
              • 675 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

Thanks, I actually tried that and she said no.  But I am going to write her back again and keep pushing for it.  At least to take out the word photographer....

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN 

I asked for the photographer to be removed from the contract wording and told them I wanted an outside photographer. They said that was fine I would just have to pay the $90 day pass fee, they removed the wording and sent it back to me.  I hand wrote in (just to be sure) that I was using an outside photographer with the cost of a day pass and sent it back.

#2298 alaharri

alaharri
                • 41 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

I seem to remember that they were $2-3, but I would call their gift shop to verify.  I do remeber the little bottle had straw sombreros on top.  They were cute.  You'll have to make sure you don't have a combined total of over so many ounces to get back through customs again, though.

Originally Posted by mrsjdh2b 

Question for the married ladies......do any of you know how much the little bottles of tequila were? We are having an AHR upon our return and was thinking that I might pick up a bunch of those for our guests at the reception instead of doing the same old stuff that everyone else does as party favors. I wasn't sure if it was cheaper or if it would just be better to check with my friend who owns a liquor store here in Texas.

Thanks in advance!!!

#2299 ChipmunkRN

ChipmunkRN
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 81 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

Anyone know the difference between Tucan Beach and Capilla Beach for the beach wedding sites?

#2300 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 261 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by ChipmunkRN 

Anyone know the difference between Tucan Beach and Capilla Beach for the beach wedding sites?

There are pictures of the Tucan Beach over in the Moon Palace Resort Photos thread http://www.bestdesti...40#post_1670096 

I actually do not know where the Capilla Beach set up is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users