Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1871 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
  • Site Supporter
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

Does anyone know where the RESORT rooms are nicer...the Sunrise or the Nizuc?

I think my party will be in the Nizuc.

The rooms in the Sunrise and Nizuc sections are practically identical. The only real difference is that Sunrise rooms have a hammock on the balcony, the Nizuc rooms do not. Other than that, they are identical.

#1872 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
    • 300 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

Grand side has the largest and nicest rooms

#1873 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
      • 164 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

The grand rooms are gorgeous and much bigger. My wedding coordinator got me a room over there the day of the wedding to get ready and it was perfect. Word of advice, ask for a room for your groom too. My groom was on Sunrise and I was on the Grand. My photog never made it to my groom's room to take pics b/c he ran out of time b/c he had to make sure to be at Nizuc for the chapel to take pics as everyone arrived.

May 29th, 2011
        Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

#1874 kris10kay

kris10kay
        • 194 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

Has anyone used or heard things about the photographer Ismael Pacheco?

#1875 kyndall

kyndall
          • 151 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

If you are having your reception outside I don't think a dance floor in necessary...might help you save money.

We also bought ribbon online and made chair ties to take down.  The chairs are in good shape so you prob wouldn't need chair covers.

Originally Posted by kjanda8 

Thanks for the dance floor info!

#1876 alison15

alison15
            • 356 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

Same here, we got ready in Nizuc and the groom in Sunrise. Our photographer got all the way over to Sunrise and my DH and the groomsmen had already left so then he had to trek all the way back.  Wasted 20-30 mins of picture time.  I would recommend staying close by if you are getting pictures done beforehand. 

Originally Posted by Terpgurl 

The grand rooms are gorgeous and much bigger. My wedding coordinator got me a room over there the day of the wedding to get ready and it was perfect. Word of advice, ask for a room for your groom too. My groom was on Sunrise and I was on the Grand. My photog never made it to my groom's room to take pics b/c he ran out of time b/c he had to make sure to be at Nizuc for the chapel to take pics as everyone arrived.

#1877 alison15

alison15
              • 356 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

I used Ismael Pacheco.  Love my pictures. I got all day coverage with edited CD and TTD (which I didn't use) for only like $785.  I don't know if he is still that cheap.  Let me know if you have any questions about him.

Originally Posted by kris10kay 

Has anyone used or heard things about the photographer Ismael Pacheco?

#1878 shan0487

shan0487
                • 1,393 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

Do you have a link to your photos?  I'd love to see a MP wedding for an example! :) I can PM you my email address if you need!

Originally Posted by alison15 

I used Ismael Pacheco.  Love my pictures. I got all day coverage with edited CD and TTD (which I didn't use) for only like $785.  I don't know if he is still that cheap.  Let me know if you have any questions about him.

#1879 kjanda8

kjanda8
                • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:50 PM

We are having the reception in a ballroom. I like the idea of the ribbon online, may I ask which site you bought it from?

Originally Posted by kyndall 

If you are having your reception outside I don't think a dance floor in necessary...might help you save money.

We also bought ribbon online and made chair ties to take down.  The chairs are in good shape so you prob wouldn't need chair covers.

#1880 kjanda8

kjanda8
                  • 28 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

Great Tip. I will definitely request that.

Originally Posted by Terpgurl 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users