Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1061 GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach
  • Newbie
  • 28 posts

    Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

    I saw these cute glass vases at the nail shop today that I can make centerpieces out of from the $1 store!! It had acrylic rocks filled half way with water and floating flowers!! So cute, simple, and inexpensive to make ;)

     

    So we only booked our wedding for 5 days but we are going to add 2 more days for our honeymoon are you guys staying at the resort, another palace resort, or a different resort period? Any suggestions?? Preferrably adults only, beautiful beach, and in Cancun



    #1062 mochamakes3

    mochamakes3
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,917 posts

      Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

      Georgia, We are just continuing our stay at MP, but you could move to Aventura or Isla Mujeres Palace resorts. Aventura has an adults only section and Isla Mujeres is completely couples only. You might even be able to count those nights towards you room nights for free benefits.



      #1063 Grace13

      Grace13
      • Newbie
      • 19 posts

        Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

        Hey Vettiebean=)  I am using La luna and they are approved vendors.  But I was just told there is a $300 dollar vending fee for outside vendors.  I am upset about that because I have been reading that day passes worked for everyone.  La luna has been wonderful and they are checking on this for me.  I guess I will find out soon how much more $$$$ I will be putting out!  Has anyone else had this experience? 
         

        Originally Posted by Vettiebean 

        SASCHA GLUCK PHOTOGRAPHY: Hi everyone! If you're using Sascha or have used Sascha, can you please just tell us how you got him on site? I've heard everything from day passes to booking a night's stay to paying a vendor fee. I have gone through the thread and noticed a lot of confusion/questions over this, too. I am asking about Sascha specifically because I think La Luna/Del Sol are on some sort of approved vendors list, so it is probably different for them.

         

        Thank you SO much everyone!! Btw, I am so excited. His photos look fantastic!



         



        #1064 LanaM

        LanaM
        • Jr. Member
        • 196 posts

          Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

          I just book Sascha for our wedding and I specifically asked him how other brides got around the no-outside-vendor policy at MP. He told me that most of the time they would book him & his assistant a room for 1 night. For me it comes out the same as getting day passes price wise b/c I'm doing TTD session the next day with him too.

          HTH

           

          Originally Posted by Vettiebean 

          SASCHA GLUCK PHOTOGRAPHY: Hi everyone! If you're using Sascha or have used Sascha, can you please just tell us how you got him on site? I've heard everything from day passes to booking a night's stay to paying a vendor fee. I have gone through the thread and noticed a lot of confusion/questions over this, too. I am asking about Sascha specifically because I think La Luna/Del Sol are on some sort of approved vendors list, so it is probably different for them.

           

          Thank you SO much everyone!! Btw, I am so excited. His photos look fantastic!



           


          Alex & Lana
          ~11.18.11~
          Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

          #1065 DiamondGirl

          DiamondGirl
          • Member
          • 710 posts

            Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

            I'm leaving to Cabo after my wedding. You should look into Valentin Imperial Maya, Excellence or any of the Leblanc resorts. These are adults only and have great reviews. I believe they're AI as well.


             

            Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach 

            I saw these cute glass vases at the nail shop today that I can make centerpieces out of from the $1 store!! It had acrylic rocks filled half way with water and floating flowers!! So cute, simple, and inexpensive to make ;)

             

            So we only booked our wedding for 5 days but we are going to add 2 more days for our honeymoon are you guys staying at the resort, another palace resort, or a different resort period? Any suggestions?? Preferrably adults only, beautiful beach, and in Cancun



             



            #1066 picturetime

            picturetime
            • Banned
            • 16 posts

              Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:46 AM

               

               

              Hi,

              i am Professional Photographer living at Punta Cana...

              in my expirience i have done more than 300 Weddings already in Punta Cana!

              You can chek out my work in my Web Page....KALAPHOTOGRAPHY

               

              www.kalaphotography.com

               


              Contact me for more infromation.

              Congratulation and have a great time in here!

               



              #1067 SChica927

              SChica927
              • Jr. Member
              • 230 posts

                Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

                So, this is super weird because Sascha is charging me a RIDICULOUS amount of money to do our photography -- so much so that it's cheaper to fly in our top choice photographer from NYC than to go with him... and they're not staying over night... They want me to move my events around so they're closer together and they won't have to go back and forth...

                 

                So needless to say, I was a bit annoyed -- so I'm pretty sure we're going to just fly our photog in...

                 

                Originally Posted by LanaM 

                I just book Sascha for our wedding and I specifically asked him how other brides got around the no-outside-vendor policy at MP. He told me that most of the time they would book him & his assistant a room for 1 night. For me it comes out the same as getting day passes price wise b/c I'm doing TTD session the next day with him too.

                HTH

                 



                 



                 



                #1068 Vettiebean

                Vettiebean
                • Jr. Member
                • 165 posts

                  Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:32 AM


                  Hi SChica, Sascha was going to charge you more, he wasn't spending the night, and wanted you to move around the events? (Checking to make sure I understood correctly)

                   

                  That's really surprising! Of course, I believe what you're saying is true, but we all have different experiences working with people. I'm just so surprised because it seems so different from any interaction I've had with him. Granted, we've only been back and forth via email a few times, but he seemed really accommodating and of the photographers who made my short list, he was very reasonably priced. And I'm a bride on a budget, so I definitely priced around first!

                   

                  Weeeird. I think the one night room thing is the most common at this point. But dammit, I want day passes instead! lol Stupid vendor rules... give us better options and more quality photogs and we wouldn't look elsewhere! grrr

                  Originally Posted by SChica927 

                  So, this is super weird because Sascha is charging me a RIDICULOUS amount of money to do our photography -- so much so that it's cheaper to fly in our top choice photographer from NYC than to go with him... and they're not staying over night... They want me to move my events around so they're closer together and they won't have to go back and forth...

                   

                  So needless to say, I was a bit annoyed -- so I'm pretty sure we're going to just fly our photog in...

                   



                   



                   



                  #1069 shelbygirl

                  shelbygirl
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 186 posts

                    Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

                    I thought I'd share my 2cents on the topic of photographers. I'm actually a professional photographer myself. That is the only thing I told my husband(weird calling him that) I wanted. I haven't seen my photos from the wedding because it was only a week ago, but I am nervous. My photographer does awesome work, but I am worried as she didn't know the flow of how their weddings go. Church weddings are all very typical....beach weddings are not.   I had the carriage and I'm not sure she got a good shot of it...when I arrived she was down on the beach waiting for me to walk down the aisle.  I watched a wedding the following day at the same location, but they had the resort photographer and they have it down to a science. The carriage, WC, bride paused when they arrived for pictures, then the bride got out and that gave the photographer time to get down to the beach. Same with the videographer. My sister did my videography, she used to do it as a business....she set up where the carriage was. When I watched the wedding the following day the videographer was in the aisle inbetween the first rows.  I wouldn't discourage anyone from taking their own photographer, however if you hire one...I would encourage you to have them watch a wedding prior to shooting yours to see how everything works. 



                    #1070 LanaM

                    LanaM
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 196 posts

                      Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

                      I absolutely agree with you Vettiebean,

                      I am also a bride on a budget and Sascha's rates were the most reasonable and our interraction over email was very positive.

                       

                       

                      SChica,

                      If you'd like I can PM you Sascha's rates he offered me. Let me know



                       

                      Originally Posted by Vettiebean 


                      Hi SChica, Sascha was going to charge you more, he wasn't spending the night, and wanted you to move around the events? (Checking to make sure I understood correctly)

                       

                      That's really surprising! Of course, I believe what you're saying is true, but we all have different experiences working with people. I'm just so surprised because it seems so different from any interaction I've had with him. Granted, we've only been back and forth via email a few times, but he seemed really accommodating and of the photographers who made my short list, he was very reasonably priced. And I'm a bride on a budget, so I definitely priced around first!

                       

                      Weeeird. I think the one night room thing is the most common at this point. But dammit, I want day passes instead! lol Stupid vendor rules... give us better options and more quality photogs and we wouldn't look elsewhere! grrr



                       



                       


                      Alex & Lana
                      ~11.18.11~
                      Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users