Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2483 replies to this topic

#1031 SChica927

SChica927
  • Jr. Member
  • 230 posts

    Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

    Quick question -- this is probably a really stupid question...

     

    But, if we hire La Luna or Del Sol photography/videography... we have to pay the outside vendor fee, right? Because they are not affilitated with MP?

     

    Thanks!



    #1032 LanaM

    LanaM
    • Jr. Member
    • 196 posts

      Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:47 PM


      I'm also getting an outside photographer (just signed contract) and I'm getting him and his assistant a room for one night. I will put him on my guest list and tell WC that one of my guests will be photographing the wedding.

       

      That's what other MP brides did and worked for them. Hopefully it will work for me too :)
       

      Originally Posted by SChica927 

      Quick question -- this is probably a really stupid question...

       

      But, if we hire La Luna or Del Sol photography/videography... we have to pay the outside vendor fee, right? Because they are not affilitated with MP?

       

      Thanks!



       


      Alex & Lana
      ~11.18.11~
      Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

      #1033 beatyea

      beatyea
      • Jr. Member
      • 288 posts

        Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:57 PM


        I'm also very confused by this!!!!!
         

        Originally Posted by SummerDawn 



        The listing I got said no dancing can take place on the Terrace moon due to weight restrictions... but people are saying you can dance on the carribean terrace... Im confused!!



         



         



        #1034 erinandchad

        erinandchad
        • Newbie
        • 11 posts

          Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

          Hi, we are getting married Oct 15 2011 at MP. This forum has been really helpful so far! Thanks to everyone who has posted detailed information about this process. I was also told to wait until 3 mos prior to start planning. We have our date confirmed and our stay is paid for, but this exchange has me worried that we should ask about booking a location for our cocktail hour. We had just planned on the free reception dinner, but we might have enough guest room-nights to get a free cocktail hour as well. Are these events that you will be paying for, or are they complimentary?



          #1035 DiamondGirl

          DiamondGirl
          • Member
          • 710 posts

            Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:06 AM

            If you meet the requirements below, then you'll get unlimited functions. Otherwise, you have to pay for it.

             

             

            5-9 rooms for 3 nights or 15 room nights = 1 cocktail (function areas are assigned upon availability with the onsite wedding planner and confirmed upon arrival)

            10-19 rooms for 3 nights or 30 room nights = 2 nights comp + 1 cocktail (function areas area assigned upon availability with the onsite wedding planner and confirmed upon arrival)

            20-24 rooms for 3 nights or 60 room nights = 4 comp nights + 1 private function 
             

            25 + rooms for 3 nights or 75 room nights = 7 comp nights  + unlimited private function + one room upgrade  for the bride and groom to the next available room category
             

            Originally Posted by erinandchad 

            Hi, we are getting married Oct 15 2011 at MP. This forum has been really helpful so far! Thanks to everyone who has posted detailed information about this process. I was also told to wait until 3 mos prior to start planning. We have our date confirmed and our stay is paid for, but this exchange has me worried that we should ask about booking a location for our cocktail hour. We had just planned on the free reception dinner, but we might have enough guest room-nights to get a free cocktail hour as well. Are these events that you will be paying for, or are they complimentary?



             



            #1036 erinandchad

            erinandchad
            • Newbie
            • 11 posts

              Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:19 AM

              Okay, thanks! So basically, are you all able to book your locations more than 3 months in advance regardless of whether you are paying for it or not? We wanted to wait to see if we get enough room-nights before booking our location, but now I am worried all the good locations will be snatched up before then!



              #1037 kyndall

              kyndall
              • Jr. Member
              • 151 posts

                Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

                We booked ours more than three months in advance without having all of the rooms booked.  We booked the ceremony location when we signed the contract.  I think I booked the reception and rehearsal dinner a little before Christmas.  I get marred April 16th so I didn't book too far in advance of 3 months.  I just started freaking out because everyone on here already had stuffed booked!
                 

                Originally Posted by erinandchad 

                Okay, thanks! So basically, are you all able to book your locations more than 3 months in advance regardless of whether you are paying for it or not? We wanted to wait to see if we get enough room-nights before booking our location, but now I am worried all the good locations will be snatched up before then!



                 



                #1038 GeorgiaPeach

                GeorgiaPeach
                • Newbie
                • 28 posts

                  Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

                  Yeah mines are booked and I dont get married until September...I thought like you did I didnt want all the places that I really wanted to be booked. Your paying your money so make sure you get what you want...It will work out!!! Anytime I have a thought im emailing and calling my Miami WC or my MP WC LOL



                  #1039 mochamakes3

                  mochamakes3
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,917 posts

                    Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

                    I booked our locations about 5 months in advance but tried not to bother our onsite coordinator too often. I would save up all my questions and send her an email every few weeks. She usually wouldn't respond for at least a week anyways. Now that our wedding is so close, she had been great at responding within a few hours. I figured that her communication would improve as the date got closer and it really did.

                     

                    On the other hand, I've gotten horrible service from Miami ever since our first coordinator unexpectedly left at the beginning of January. They keep switching the person that handles our reservations, and no one has answered any of my emails since January. We only find out that someone has taken over our account when we call directly.



                    #1040 Grace13

                    Grace13
                    • Newbie
                    • 19 posts

                      Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

                      Yes,  I was told there is a $300 outside vendor fee.  I am using La Luna.  They have been wonderful.  I have been corresponding with Melissa.  She has been a big help.  I have read on here many brides have just purchased day passes and have read nothing about a vendor fee until recently.  Is this new? 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users