Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts



I would talk to your WC or Miami contact about this. I am getting married next month and they told us that in order for the room nights to count for us they MUST book through your group rate. they can do that with your TA or through MP directly. my MOH and her husband are members and they are booking through their membership. I had to talk to a few different people before they decided to let us use their room nights towards our group nights. hope this helps.

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

I haven't heard from an on-site WC yet, but has anyone been able to talk with MP or their WC about allowing guests who do not book through your link or TA to be part of the guests that will help you reach your "free events"? I hope this makes sense! As of right now we have 8 guests who booked through travelocity or through a seperate TA  and they are staying at MP, but we REALLY need their nights to count!! Anyone know the answer to this I would appreciate it!! cheesy.gif



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They wouldn't count my guest who didn't book directly through them or through TA.  Be sure and tell your WC at moon palace who those guest are.  I only had one couple not book through my TA and they didn't get their welcome bags and they weren't near anyone else staying for the wedding.
 

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

I haven't heard from an on-site WC yet, but has anyone been able to talk with MP or their WC about allowing guests who do not book through your link or TA to be part of the guests that will help you reach your "free events"? I hope this makes sense! As of right now we have 8 guests who booked through travelocity or through a seperate TA  and they are staying at MP, but we REALLY need their nights to count!! Anyone know the answer to this I would appreciate it!! cheesy.gif



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Thank you!! I'm going to try my hardest to work something out, it doesn't make much sense to me that they do not count towards our free events, since they paid to come down and stay there! blahh sorry just venting a little! :)

Originally Posted by JLR1726 View Post

I would talk to your WC or Miami contact about this. I am getting married next month and they told us that in order for the room nights to count for us they MUST book through your group rate. they can do that with your TA or through MP directly. my MOH and her husband are members and they are booking through their membership. I had to talk to a few different people before they decided to let us use their room nights towards our group nights. hope this helps.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


JLCarrera,

 

I am so cracking up over here smile120.gif at FI's comments.  I know he doesn't want to see any Bridezilla tendencies LOL.  I'm a planner by nature, and for whatever odd reason get a kick out it.    So if you need help just pm me. 

Originally Posted by JLCarrera View Post

Thanks for the info, Coco! I swear I am so in awe of you! Girl, you are on top of it all! I know you are incredibly successful in your current career, but if you are ever looking for a change you should consider being a wedding coordinator. Hadn't posted in a bit until today, but must tell you that I love your completed projects. Your garter is way too cute ... may have to borrow that idea. I can't believe how many April 21st brides there are. I wish I could fly back just to play photographer all day. All you girls are truly helping me get more and more excited! I thank God every day that I found this website. The ideas and support I get from all you is amazing. The FI thinks I'm crazy for spending so much time on this site. I've explained that this site has helped me from going "bridezilla" on him. His reply...thank all those girls for me! Lol!

 

smile03.gifHugs and continuous happy & successful planning to all.     

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ladies

 

We just got back from our wedding at MP and honeymoon at Sun Palace.  I learned ALOT

 

1.  Palace resorts knows how awful the communication is at Miami.  It is also extremely bad communication between Miami and the MP resort itself.  They are moving the whole Miami office to Mexico.  A public relation manager told me that they had no way of controlling the office in Miami so they are hoping that proximity will help.

 

2.  Things might get out of control feeling before the wedding.  But, the women in the wedding office are amazing. We had a ton of issues with our reservations and transfers.  Nothing went well at all!  I rebooked everyone and verifed reservations and argued with a few public relations people during my first week there.  I finally through my hands up in the air and said whatever on the day of the wedding. But, my WC, Claudia, came in on her day off to oversee my wedding and it was perfect!  So, if anyone has problems before the actual ceremony, don't be alarmed.  The ladies in the actual wedding office know their stuff!!

 

3.  The fruit flavored cake is abysmal:)  The honeymoon cake is AMAZING.  I don't rememeber the wedding food since I don't think I ate.  But that cheeseburger at 3am was great

 

4.  Go to Xplor.  it's a blast.

 

5.  Don't forget you have 1500 credits (if staying a week) to use towards Kodak photos.  They did the same type of pics my outside photographers did on the beach.  You may be able to save some money and do these during the honeymoon.

 

6.  I moved my wedding to the Tucan gazebo instead of on the beach itself.  If you have sun sensitive people coming to the wedding, it is wicked hot and wicked sunny for the beach weddings.  We had it at 4pm and by the time the ceremony was over, it was lovely outside. 

 

7.  We did indeed have mosquito issues at the rooms at the backside of Grand.  My hubby's ankles look like he has a disease there are so many.

 

8.  The Grand Terrace is a fabulous location for a reception or dinner!  We ended up moving from Sunrise to the Grand section (part of the reservation fiasco) due to a convention.  We ended up hanging out a lot on this terrace.  It has beautiful breezes.  We almost had the reception here instead of at Tucan Terrace but it was another $12 a head to have it on Grand. 

 

9.  MP is close to the airport but a little farther out than I expected for some reason.  But, they do allow the local vendors to come onsite and have kiosks to sell their wares.  This happens on Monday night at Sunrise by the stage.

 

10.  Don't forget to verify your hair appts when you get there.  They canceled mine.  Luckily it's off season and it was no biggie.  But, really does anyone need that stress?

 

11.  Don't forget this is a time share resort.  they will pull you and all of your guests aside after check in. They will be "explaining what you can do with your credits".  But, of course, you can get more credits very easily by going to the presentation:)

 

12.  Bring a button down/zip up top to wear for your hair appt:)

 

13.  Bring cash if you have outside florists.  They came to deliver the flowers while the photographer was doing getting ready pics.  We were scrambling for cash to pay them.  They don't actually allow the florists to walk the flowers to the room so they needed cash to give them.  Luckily my girls took over!

 

14.  Bring tons and tons of ones and 5s for tips.

 

ok I think I'm taking up way too much screen here.  Btw, I think a lot of my issues with reservations were due to doing things a bit differently.  I'm making a big review with all the info shortly.  But, the short and sweet is this:  if trying to use resort transport, they were denied it since they were not staying a week.  I was told at the resort that they could use it and it will be charged tot their room. The day of everyone's arrival that wasn't true.  People had to negotiate taxis and if anyone has done that there before you know how different the costs can be.  I had one poor soul pay 70 US to get to the resort!  They did allow one person to come through the transport but only because the room was in his name.  But since they didn't list all occupants, no one else could go. 

 

Good luck all.  If anyone has any questions that I can answer, please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for giving us the good, bad and ugly!  I pray that your wedding day was all that you dreamed of and that all the things gone wrong quickly went away! 
 

Originally Posted by onourway View Post

Hello ladies

 

We just got back from our wedding at MP and honeymoon at Sun Palace.  I learned ALOT

 

1.  Palace resorts knows how awful the communication is at Miami.  It is also extremely bad communication between Miami and the MP resort itself.  They are moving the whole Miami office to Mexico.  A public relation manager told me that they had no way of controlling the office in Miami so they are hoping that proximity will help.

 

2.  Things might get out of control feeling before the wedding.  But, the women in the wedding office are amazing. We had a ton of issues with our reservations and transfers.  Nothing went well at all!  I rebooked everyone and verifed reservations and argued with a few public relations people during my first week there.  I finally through my hands up in the air and said whatever on the day of the wedding. But, my WC, Claudia, came in on her day off to oversee my wedding and it was perfect!  So, if anyone has problems before the actual ceremony, don't be alarmed.  The ladies in the actual wedding office know their stuff!!

 

3.  The fruit flavored cake is abysmal:)  The honeymoon cake is AMAZING.  I don't rememeber the wedding food since I don't think I ate.  But that cheeseburger at 3am was great

 

4.  Go to Xplor.  it's a blast.

 

5.  Don't forget you have 1500 credits (if staying a week) to use towards Kodak photos.  They did the same type of pics my outside photographers did on the beach.  You may be able to save some money and do these during the honeymoon.

 

6.  I moved my wedding to the Tucan gazebo instead of on the beach itself.  If you have sun sensitive people coming to the wedding, it is wicked hot and wicked sunny for the beach weddings.  We had it at 4pm and by the time the ceremony was over, it was lovely outside. 

 

7.  We did indeed have mosquito issues at the rooms at the backside of Grand.  My hubby's ankles look like he has a disease there are so many.

 

8.  The Grand Terrace is a fabulous location for a reception or dinner!  We ended up moving from Sunrise to the Grand section (part of the reservation fiasco) due to a convention.  We ended up hanging out a lot on this terrace.  It has beautiful breezes.  We almost had the reception here instead of at Tucan Terrace but it was another $12 a head to have it on Grand. 

 

9.  MP is close to the airport but a little farther out than I expected for some reason.  But, they do allow the local vendors to come onsite and have kiosks to sell their wares.  This happens on Monday night at Sunrise by the stage.

 

10.  Don't forget to verify your hair appts when you get there.  They canceled mine.  Luckily it's off season and it was no biggie.  But, really does anyone need that stress?

 

11.  Don't forget this is a time share resort.  they will pull you and all of your guests aside after check in. They will be "explaining what you can do with your credits".  But, of course, you can get more credits very easily by going to the presentation:)

 

12.  Bring a button down/zip up top to wear for your hair appt:)

 

13.  Bring cash if you have outside florists.  They came to deliver the flowers while the photographer was doing getting ready pics.  We were scrambling for cash to pay them.  They don't actually allow the florists to walk the flowers to the room so they needed cash to give them.  Luckily my girls took over!

 

14.  Bring tons and tons of ones and 5s for tips.

 

ok I think I'm taking up way too much screen here.  Btw, I think a lot of my issues with reservations were due to doing things a bit differently.  I'm making a big review with all the info shortly.  But, the short and sweet is this:  if trying to use resort transport, they were denied it since they were not staying a week.  I was told at the resort that they could use it and it will be charged tot their room. The day of everyone's arrival that wasn't true.  People had to negotiate taxis and if anyone has done that there before you know how different the costs can be.  I had one poor soul pay 70 US to get to the resort!  They did allow one person to come through the transport but only because the room was in his name.  But since they didn't list all occupants, no one else could go. 

 

Good luck all.  If anyone has any questions that I can answer, please let me know.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The actual wedding itself went nicely.  All thanks to the great women in te Wedding dept.  I was really concerned about posting at all about my experiences.  I've been so concerned about scary everyone with MP issues.  But honestly, I have yet to see anyone post that the actual ceremony had any issues at all.  So don't worry ladies!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the deets!!!  All good to know!!!
 

Originally Posted by onourway View Post

Hello ladies

 

We just got back from our wedding at MP and honeymoon at Sun Palace.  I learned ALOT

 

1.  Palace resorts knows how awful the communication is at Miami.  It is also extremely bad communication between Miami and the MP resort itself.  They are moving the whole Miami office to Mexico.  A public relation manager told me that they had no way of controlling the office in Miami so they are hoping that proximity will help.

 

2.  Things might get out of control feeling before the wedding.  But, the women in the wedding office are amazing. We had a ton of issues with our reservations and transfers.  Nothing went well at all!  I rebooked everyone and verifed reservations and argued with a few public relations people during my first week there.  I finally through my hands up in the air and said whatever on the day of the wedding. But, my WC, Claudia, came in on her day off to oversee my wedding and it was perfect!  So, if anyone has problems before the actual ceremony, don't be alarmed.  The ladies in the actual wedding office know their stuff!!

 

3.  The fruit flavored cake is abysmal:)  The honeymoon cake is AMAZING.  I don't rememeber the wedding food since I don't think I ate.  But that cheeseburger at 3am was great

 

4.  Go to Xplor.  it's a blast.

 

5.  Don't forget you have 1500 credits (if staying a week) to use towards Kodak photos.  They did the same type of pics my outside photographers did on the beach.  You may be able to save some money and do these during the honeymoon.

 

6.  I moved my wedding to the Tucan gazebo instead of on the beach itself.  If you have sun sensitive people coming to the wedding, it is wicked hot and wicked sunny for the beach weddings.  We had it at 4pm and by the time the ceremony was over, it was lovely outside. 

 

7.  We did indeed have mosquito issues at the rooms at the backside of Grand.  My hubby's ankles look like he has a disease there are so many.

 

8.  The Grand Terrace is a fabulous location for a reception or dinner!  We ended up moving from Sunrise to the Grand section (part of the reservation fiasco) due to a convention.  We ended up hanging out a lot on this terrace.  It has beautiful breezes.  We almost had the reception here instead of at Tucan Terrace but it was another $12 a head to have it on Grand. 

 

9.  MP is close to the airport but a little farther out than I expected for some reason.  But, they do allow the local vendors to come onsite and have kiosks to sell their wares.  This happens on Monday night at Sunrise by the stage.

 

10.  Don't forget to verify your hair appts when you get there.  They canceled mine.  Luckily it's off season and it was no biggie.  But, really does anyone need that stress?

 

11.  Don't forget this is a time share resort.  they will pull you and all of your guests aside after check in. They will be "explaining what you can do with your credits".  But, of course, you can get more credits very easily by going to the presentation:)

 

12.  Bring a button down/zip up top to wear for your hair appt:)

 

13.  Bring cash if you have outside florists.  They came to deliver the flowers while the photographer was doing getting ready pics.  We were scrambling for cash to pay them.  They don't actually allow the florists to walk the flowers to the room so they needed cash to give them.  Luckily my girls took over!

 

14.  Bring tons and tons of ones and 5s for tips.

 

ok I think I'm taking up way too much screen here.  Btw, I think a lot of my issues with reservations were due to doing things a bit differently.  I'm making a big review with all the info shortly.  But, the short and sweet is this:  if trying to use resort transport, they were denied it since they were not staying a week.  I was told at the resort that they could use it and it will be charged tot their room. The day of everyone's arrival that wasn't true.  People had to negotiate taxis and if anyone has done that there before you know how different the costs can be.  I had one poor soul pay 70 US to get to the resort!  They did allow one person to come through the transport but only because the room was in his name.  But since they didn't list all occupants, no one else could go. 

 

Good luck all.  If anyone has any questions that I can answer, please let me know.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xplor is an excursion.  It's part of the Xcaret family.  It's an adventure park.  Very nicely done.  Since it's the newest park in the family, it's not as well known as Xcaret.  But, it was a great honeymoon excursion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×