Photo

2011 Prices

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#61 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
  • 310 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

Forgot to add...we didn't do a group booking...we're booking individually because I have NO idea how many people are coming and I couldn't afford to put deposits down on a large number of rooms :)

#62 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
    • 946 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

I'm not sure. She told my FI that the prices won't drop which is what's freaking me out....if she hadn't said that I would have been ok with the quote, knowing that its so far in advance of course it's going to be high. she basically said that this is an early bird special and that the deposits will be required by Aug 31, after that the prices will go up by a couple hundred. at least we have until aug 31 to watch the prices and see what happens! i really don't want to have to change anything, but i really don't want to ask our family and friends to spend over $4000 a couple! that's just crazy!
      I've requested some pricing through itravel2000 now b/c i've booked with them a couple times in the past and they always seem to have really good prices....and i'm curious to see what they come back with.

#63 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
      • 946 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

I'm wondering how great a deal the group rates really are! I'm wondering if we should just tell people to book on their own that way we can wait and see if there are better deals.....it's a bit of a gamble but could be worth it.
        I know booking individually doesn't mean you'll all be in the same area for rooms...but that's not really a big deal to me....plus i'm making cards for everyone to put their room numbers on so it's easier to track people down!

#64 Christy

Christy
        • 26 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

Im in the same boat. Anxiously awaiting rates so we can make decisions.
          IM getting anxious as our my friends and family. The suspense is killing me. :)

#65 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
          • 279 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27
            I'm wondering how great a deal the group rates really are! I'm wondering if we should just tell people to book on their own that way we can wait and see if there are better deals.....it's a bit of a gamble but could be worth it.
            I know booking individually doesn't mean you'll all be in the same area for rooms...but that's not really a big deal to me....plus i'm making cards for everyone to put their room numbers on so it's easier to track people down!
            Our TA just got back to us with the "group rate" from Iberostar, which was $260 pppn! This is only about $10 cheaper. She explained to me that most resorts are getting wise to the DW trend and not offering group discounts any longer.

Although I was initially planning on going the room block route for fear of the resort selling out, that price is simply too high! We decided we are going to book individually. The price for a week right now is around 2100 (I was originially quoted around 1600 :o( The good thing is that they do price matching. So if guests book now at this high rate, when it (hopefully) goes down, they will adjust it.

#66 hiccups

hiccups
            • 224 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:26 PM

I got rates for Feb. 2011 and they seem pretty high. I'm wondering if it would work out better for the guests to just book on their own as the "group rate" doesn't seem like it's a discounted rate.

#67 SonyaR

SonyaR
              • 299 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

I ended up sending the deposit for Dreams Palm Beach and am going to take my chances that the prices will drop by the end of summer. If I have to change it's only $100 I'll lose. I was with the TA when he called and was told by Sunwing that the prices will drop by the fall so I'm feeling better about that. Our guests will get the STD cards this month and the official invites as soon as we lock in prices. Still gives everyone lots of time.

#68 brandonsbride

brandonsbride
                • 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

It sounds like we are all in the same waiting and wishing boat :) I am really hoping to keep it around $1,500 per person for all of their expenses. Is this realistic??

#69 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
                  • 946 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

i'm hoping the prices fall.....i really feel bad when we told people we were aiming for the $1500 range! I think we're just going to have people book themselves, rather than try for the group rate as that didn't really seem to working to our advantage! Glad to know I'm not the only one disappointed with the group rate!

#70 debbmach

debbmach
                    • 1,457 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

I'm really trying to keep it around $1500 pp too...let's see if we can do it!
                      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users