Photo

Frustrated!!! Where to find mugs in Canada!!!

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 La Romana Stacey

La Romana Stacey
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:47 AM

Hi everyone!

So I've been online for the last three days trying to figure out the best place to buy personalized plastic beer steins or plastic travel mugs for my OOT bags. I know there have been several posts regarding where many people got their mugs...however each website I check out is either American so they don't ship to Canada or the shipping is uber expensive or you have to order at last 100+ of them.

So at this point I am trying to find a Canadian website that would allow me to order 30-50 plastic mugs at a reasonable price. If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful!!! And I could finally get on with my life!!!! These damn mugs have been consuming to me :) Thank you!!!

#2 echo2_62

echo2_62
    • 1,049 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

They have huge amounts of stock so your best bet is to take the time to sift through all the pages and find the best offer. Yes, some mugs have a minimum quantity of 3000 but there are most definitely others at 36. Hope that helps!

#3 anita09

anita09
      • 156 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

Have you tried looking on Ebay? I remember reading a post earlier from a Canadian bride who ordered personalized glasses on ebay and got a good deal.

#4 debbmach

debbmach
        • 1,457 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

Not sure if you've looked into Bubba Keg's but you can get them at Canadian Tire and Bass Pro. They're a bit more money but you can find them 50% sometimes.
          http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#5 punkie569

punkie569
          • 255 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

We just received our order of beer steins and shot glasses from a seller on ebay. I HIGHLY recommend them. They were great to work with and their customer service was above and beyond. I worked with Amanda and she was amazing. I don't know how to post a picture on here but if you want to see what we ordered I will glady send you a picture. You just have to order at least 50 but looks like you might need that anyway.

This is their ebay store eBay Store on eBay Canada: Search results for Factory 21 Promotional Items.
            Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#6 Melidell

Melidell
            • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

I'm going through 4imprint - Promotional Travel Mugs at 4imprint . A lot of their mugs have a minimum number of 50 or more but there are some with minimums of 25-36. They're not badly priced and they have mugs that are on sale/clearance all of the time, too. Good luck!
              Loving married life!

#7 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
              • 653 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

Hi there!
                I had the same frustration as you and I actually ordered mine through a US company - discountmugs.com and for 41 nice stainless/plastic mugs for just over $200 incl shipping.
                Duty on the other hand I'm not sure of yet, so it may be a big shocker when they're shipped!

#8 Raykel

Raykel
                • 489 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:17 AM

I went everywhere here looking for what we wanted...including walking into store fronts that sell promotional products. No one could touch the price for what we wanted that discountmugs.com had. They were fantastic to deal with (I ended up phoning to make sure our logo was correctly done) and we had everything sooner than they predicted. We got double insulated stainless steel travel mugs, with logo, shipping and the customs charges for less than $5 each. I forget the exact amount but I think it was $4.13 or something odd like that. They have a good selection of inexpensive plastic or the higher end...it all depends what you want and their minimum orders are reasonable...I think ours was a dozen or so.

Good luck!

#9 echo2_62

echo2_62
                  • 1,049 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:57 AM

raykel... do you know of anyone else locally that has ordered from discountmugs?? I'm curious if you didn't get hit with the custom charges because the dollar value on yours was so low from only ordering 12. I'll be getting around 50 and that's what makes me worry with customs....

#10 kurri71

kurri71
                    • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by echo2_62
                      raykel... do you know of anyone else locally that has ordered from discountmugs?? I'm curious if you didn't get hit with the custom charges because the dollar value on yours was so low from only ordering 12. I'll be getting around 50 and that's what makes me worry with customs....
                      We ordered 150 shot glasses from discountmugs in December for our wedding a couple of weeks ago. Customs (duty) should not be that much, what does cost a lot is the brokerage that UPS charges. If you choose the group shipping option, you will be hit with brokerage. We anticipated the cost and even with those extra charges it was cheaper than any option from Canada. The shot glasses are amazing and everyone loves them. I don't have the bill in front of me that we paid when we picked up our order from UPS but will post when I have the actual amount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users