Cwaters728~ Majestic Colonial, February 11, 2011
    FreeRunner - Majestic Colonial, February 12, 2011
    VBVB- Majestic Colonial, February 25, 2011

#62 CnC

CnC
    • 108 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

Hi Everyone!
      I'm at Elegance on May 14, 2010 - eek! It's coming up fast!!
      Of course, I have not yet booked my trip. I'm in the process now, and was wondering, HOW SOON DO I NEED TO BE ON THE RESORT BEFORE THE CEREMONY? I'd much rather stay longer post ceremony to relax and have fun (we are honeymooning also at the Elegance post ceremony). Wedding is on the Friday; is it too late to show up on WEDNESDAY afternoon? If I meet with the coordinator on Wednesday late afternoon/evening or on Thursday - is it still doable? Am I crazy? Help! Both of us can only get away from work for a week...

#63 cwaters728

cwaters728
      • 37 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hi there CnC~
        You don't have to be in the DR for any specific amount of time before marrying. I am also getting married on a Friday and we are flying in on Wednesday. I think you will have plenty of time to plan and not a lot of time to be nervous :). Then, you have LOTS of time to chill and celebrate after your big day!

#64 nicoleswrld

nicoleswrld
        • 61 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

Hey girls....
          Our ceremony is scheduled at 2pm at the gazebo and dinner is not until 6:30 so we are planning on doing our "first dances" in the gazebo immediately following the ceremony. And then getting appetizers to have with the champagne toast next to the gazebo.

Has anyone done this before?? I feel like it's silly to rent an area for only 15 guests and 3 special dances.

The WC has ok'd it but I'm always fearful that she is just okay-ing me and then when we get down there she will be like....you can't do that. lol

Thanks,
          Nicole

#65 mekanabr

mekanabr
          • 537 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:06 AM

Hi everyone! I'm trying to figure out which resort I want to use and have a question for Majestic Colonial or Elegance... I have seen posts about where you can have your reception and I was wondering if anyone had ever used the Presidental Suite for their reception? I saw on a post that you rented it for 24 hrs... Is it a room that you are renting and your reception is out on the roof or what? Thanks for any info!!!!

#66 richarsd

richarsd
            • 331 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mekanabr
              Hi everyone! I'm trying to figure out which resort I want to use and have a question for Majestic Colonial or Elegance... I have seen posts about where you can have your reception and I was wondering if anyone had ever used the Presidental Suite for their reception? I saw on a post that you rented it for 24 hrs... Is it a room that you are renting and your reception is out on the roof or what? Thanks for any info!!!!
              The presidential suite is a rooftop patio. It's actually a room on the resort too but the reception is on the patio, not in the room. It has a beautiful view of the ocean and beach and can accommodate a large group if needbe (I think up to 150 people?). The only thing with the presendential suite compared to the other reception sites is that you need to pay extra for it...it's $1000 for the night, plus the additional reception costs, like food, drinks, bar servers, etc (which is not included in any of the wedding packages).

Have a look at the pics below...there's a few of the presidential suite set up there:

Picasa Web Albums - Weddingbymajestic... - Receptions Spot

Shan

#67 YIweddings

YIweddings
              • 173 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mekanabr
                I read on someone's post that although they booked the presidential suite that they had to shut down the reception by 11:00pm because there are guests staying in rooms right next door and below. It's a suite with a large patio where the buffet, bar and dinner tables are set up. It's a beautiful idea but the extra costs do not interest me when there are other options.
                Soon to be Mrs. Kramer

#68 mekanabr

mekanabr
                • 537 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:11 PM

Thanks for the info on the presidential suite, I was hoping that if you did go through with the extra expense that it meant you could stay there as late as you wanted! That's kind've ridiculous that that bride got kicked out at 11, since I heard that you book it for a 24 hr period... bummer. Do most of the rentals only last until 10 or 11? I don't really want to have to go to the 'disco' late night but I dont want to have the reception ending at 10 either...

#69 Oryx

Oryx
                  • 727 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

I believe that the party in the Presidential Suite has to shut down by 11PM, but you still have the room for 24 hours. But I think the party has to shut down in all of the bars by 11PM due to the noise. Perhaps someone can confirm?

#70 YIweddings

YIweddings
                    • 173 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Oryx
                      I believe that the party in the Presidential Suite has to shut down by 11PM, but you still have the room for 24 hours. But I think the party has to shut down in all of the bars by 11PM due to the noise. Perhaps someone can confirm?
                      That sounds right. I should have mentioned that.
                      Soon to be Mrs. Kramer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users