Sign in to follow this  
msmoodyr

Did anyone use a makeup artist in Jamaica?

I did a hair and makeup trial when I went down to Jamaica for my planning visit - and the makeup artist at my resort was awful. I knew I couldn't use her - so I hired a makeup artist in New York to teach my best friend how to do my makeup. We did a few trials before we left so she knew what she was doing - and it was so much better than the hotel could have done. My sister in law and mother in law both had their makeup done by the hotel - and both had to wash their faces and do it themselves. If anyone is thinking of doing the same, the makeup artist I used in New York is Raychel Wade - Cheek to Chic: Personal Makeup Consulting. She is great.

Im bringing my artist with me. And she does hair as well.

I met her at a friends wedding she worked last year in jamaica.

She travels all over...splitting her travel costs with another bride....SO excited!

do you have a website you can post for us? i'd love to see work of former brides. do you airbrush? how much do you charge? do you do a trial run of the make up before the wedding day?  thanks so much!  great to hear from you and thanks for sharing your info!

I just hired mine. Joni powell from gourmet makeup. I will b traveling to her for my sept wedding at secrets.

I will be having the make up artist at the resort do my makeup. I'm paying for a trial before the day and my back up plan is my mother (she does awesome natural looks). Not completely sure how I want my make up just yet :/