Photo

Did anyone use a makeup artist in Jamaica?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

outside of the hotel? I saw several posts mentioning some ladies in Jamaica who did makeup, but did anyone ever use them?

#2 LadyD

LadyD
    • 108 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

I am going to be using one for my wedding in May. Are you considering using one?
      Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#3 butterflyweddinggal84

butterflyweddinggal84
      • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:13 AM

If you go with one outside of the hotel make sure they come to you, so you don't have to travel between the salon and your hotel in the muggy weather.

#4 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
        • 329 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:17 PM

Do you have contact info for one, Lady D?

#5 soulmatekate

soulmatekate
          • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

aside from hiring a regular hairstylist and makeup artist, i would think the ones at the hotels have a lot more experience dealing with not only local people in jamaica but also more of a variety of races and skin types since they work at the hotel and probably see all skin types. i also bet they have the most experience doing wedding makeup and probably know how to make it last more than someone at a salon. i would be interested in finding some reviews of MUA's in jamaica though.

#6 *Karla*

*Karla*
            • 4,854 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

I used Debra from Queen Bee Queen Been Salon. She was great to work with and did an amazing job on my and my MOH. I would def recommend her. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

#7 BeachBride83

BeachBride83
              • 196 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

Great info, thanks!
                Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#8 negrilbridetoo

negrilbridetoo
                • 180 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:23 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ~Karla~
                  I used Debra from Queen Bee Queen Been Salon. She was great to work with and did an amazing job on my and my MOH. I would def recommend her. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
                  So am I! She did my hair and makeup trial a few months ago and I knew without a doubt that I would hire her. She is very nice and down to earth too.

#9 blumenthale

blumenthale
                  • 242 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

Just be sure to check if your resort will make you pay a day pass or vendor fee to allow your make-up artist on the property. These resorts want to keep your business away from competitors and slap all sorts of fees on you if you try to use outside services. These fees can be hundreds of dollars.

#10 sashanelly

sashanelly
                    • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:26 AM

You can maybe try this company call Pretty Faces they do really nice makeup they did a trail on me. here is there facebook link Pretty Faces | Facebook

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users