Photo

NEEDED! Polaroid Camera - Where to find one?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
  • Banned
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

All -
    I am looking for a polaroid camera. I am willing to purchase a gently used one if I can find one. I have been out to Amazon and Ebay but wanted to throw this out to all of you to see if there is something that found a better deal somewhere else or is willing to sell theirs. Also, if someone found one in a local store please let me know where...Walmart didn't carry them.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lindsey
    Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

#2 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
    • 387 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:46 PM

I purchased one about a year ago to photo categorize all of my off-season shoes into clear boxes (yes, I'm OCD.....), and I'm pretty sure I bought mine at Walgreen's. I found these online just now:
      Amazon.com: Polaroid One600 Classic Instant Camera: Camera & Photo
      Polaroid One600 Classic - instant camera

Good luck! It's funny how cheap these things are, but the film is expensive!!
      Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#3 kris

kris
      • 506 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

Ive seen them at Urban Outfitters in West Edmonton Mall

#4 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
        • Banned
        • 313 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Thanks ladies...however from what I'm hearing is that the film is no longer being made and the film that is being sold is more than likely expired and won't work. I'm so sad as I really wanted to have one at the reception for people to take pictures...oh well. I guess I will have to come up with another idea.
          Rob and Lindsey

#5 bridetobe1515

bridetobe1515
          • 233 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JuneWeddingDreams
            Thanks ladies...however from what I'm hearing is that the film is no longer being made and the film that is being sold is more than likely expired and won't work. I'm so sad as I really wanted to have one at the reception for people to take pictures...oh well. I guess I will have to come up with another idea.
            Check ecamerafilms.com

I bought from them for a polaroid and the film is not even close to expired. They also have a polaroid camera on there that they sell for only $69.95. They have the film to go with it too, so stock up.

#6 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
            • 307 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

there are many different companies that make them now. Polaroid has a nice small one and I think fuji does too. I started a thread the other day titled "alternative guest book". I dont know how to link it here but you can search it. There is a link there for the fuji camera. they are pretty reasonably priced and much easier than the old ones. You can also get a smal photo printer for your digital camera that works the same way.

#7 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
              • Banned
              • 313 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

GREAT! Thank you ladies!!!!
                Rob and Lindsey

#8 ebernard4985

ebernard4985
                • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

I heard that the film is going to be discontinued. You can probably get some now for your wedding, but most likely you would not get future use out of the camera.

#9 Boo

Boo
                  • 785 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

we are using a Fuji equivalent for our guest book, I have seen it all over the place but here is a link for at the knot - hope that helps

Wedding Favors - Wedding Favor - Wedding Favors Ideas)

#10 nbills511

nbills511
                    • 164 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

Great...I've been looking for one as well for my guest book idea....glad I saw this thread! thanks ladies :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users