Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha...welcome back Lindobride!

I can't wait to start my classes too!

Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post

HELLO LADIES!!!   I know, I KNOW, I've been completely MIA!! 

I know every bride on this forum says the same thing, but I just CANNOT believe how fast time is going by!  ... Less than three months to go! 

I've been incredibly busy career-wise, leaving me very little time to get wedding tasks accomplished! 

So let's see, what can I tell ya guys . . .

Last night FI and I went for our first dancing lesson!  I am NOT very coordinated at all, so I was a little nervous, but to my surprise, we both thoroughly enjoyed it!    We don't want to learn anything too showy, but we just want to learn a few moves so that we're not rocking back and forth for four straight minutes during our first dance!!  It was such a blast, and in just 50 minutes, we learned to waltz, hustle and merengue! The instructor  claims we're naturals, but I'm sure she tells every couple that since they work off commisssion wink.gif

Today I picked my dress up from the seamstress!!  After five fittings, it's finally done and in my closet!!  Remember all that drama about that wacky seamstress saying it'll never fit me right? Boy was she wrong . . . It looks perfect -- well, at least think so ! :)

I also need to update my profile on here because we know have over 50 people booked!!! YAY!

What else?  ..... OH!  I need to go lingerie shopping for my boudoir photo shoot!!   I need to book a session by next month to have time to get a book printed! Anyone else doing one?  

Enough about me , hope you lovely ladies are getting along well in your wedding plans! 

Primavera,

Sweden is taxing at 70%+, so at that rate, I would expect my gouvernment takes good care of me!

Me and the Norway Oil Fund folks shared the same approach in investing.

Norway has 10% surplus, where in US, the poor guy, Obama is running a 10%+ of GDP deficit every year (structurally 8%/per year).  So I would laugh at the US folks instead of the Norway ones! hahaha

btw..I love IKEA! heehee

Originally Posted by JennW818 View Post

Ladies, how did you get your finances to agree to dance lessons?  I would love to do that, but he laughs at me when I suggest it.

smile105.gifI would also like to take my FI on dancing lessons!! So far....he refuses!!!!

Jenn and Nan,

I trained my FI from the early stage of our relationship to say YES all the time! hahaha...

Seriously, he likes the idea because we can do things together.  I did ballet for years, so I am still pretty good with the beats and relatively flexible.  My FI is very rigid...so it will be fun..hahaha.

I guess the trick is to pick a dance that is suitable for both.

My friend also forced her hubby to goto dance class for their wedding, they picked Argentian Tango, in which the guy just needs stand still like a pole and walk/turn from time to time, and the chick does the rest of the moves.

Originally Posted by Lindobride14 View Post

HELLO LADIES!!!   I know, I KNOW, I've been completely MIA!! 

I know every bride on this forum says the same thing, but I just CANNOT believe how fast time is going by!  ... Less than three months to go! 

Last night FI and I went for our first dancing lesson!  I am NOT very coordinated at all, so I was a little nervous, but to my surprise, we both thoroughly enjoyed it!    We don't want to learn anything too showy, but we just want to learn a few moves so that we're not rocking back and forth for four straight minutes during our first dance!!  It was such a blast, and in just 50 minutes, we learned to waltz, hustle and merengue! The instructor  claims we're naturals, but I'm sure she tells every couple that since they work off commisssion wink.gif

Today I picked my dress up from the seamstress!!  After five fittings, it's finally done and in my closet!!  Remember all that drama about that wacky seamstress saying it'll never fit me right? Boy was she wrong . . . It looks perfect -- well, at least think so ! :)

I also need to update my profile on here because we know have over 50 people booked!!! YAY!

What else?  ..... OH!  I need to go lingerie shopping for my boudoir photo shoot!!   I need to book a session by next month to have time to get a book printed! Anyone else doing one?  

Enough about me , hope you lovely ladies are getting along well in your wedding plans! 

I also feel like I have been MIA, but we are slowly getting stuff finished. We have managed to order our wedding bands, can't wait to see them when they are done! We ordered laterns for the reception and they arrived yesterday. I am hoping to get to my seamstress this week to get my dress fitted and try and find shoes to wear. And I also need to go lingerie shopping, my boudoir shoot is in 2 weeks and I have nothing yet.

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

Jenn and Nan,

I trained my FI from the early stage of our relationship to say YES all the time! hahaha...

Seriously, he likes the idea because we can do things together.  I did ballet for years, so I am still pretty good with the beats and relatively flexible.  My FI is very rigid...so it will be fun..hahaha.

My friend also forced her hubby to goto dance class for their wedding, they picked Argentian Tango, in which the guy just needs stand still like a pole and walk/turn from time to time, and the chick does the rest of the moves.

Have not even thought about a first dance yet...hmmmm....

I've been trying for to ease him into the idea, but I think I may have to move on to the begging soon.  I hate the idea that I have been narrowning down songs for our first dance to whatever song has a very easy beat and is under 3mins.   

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

Jenn and Nan,