Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#31 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

Future Mrs Yuk - you are so lucky being able to hold the date!! I have been in contact with the WC at our hotel (very slow responses i may add) and they have told me they can hold the date for 2months but in that time they need our conformation of booking our holiday. As flights arn't out yet we can't book our holiday and haven't got a clue when they will be out we can't 'hold our date'. It's so frustrating!

Gingerlover36 - Azul Sensatori is lovely. We also looked at this hotel. The reviews on tripadvisor are not so great. But go with your heart. People love to moan. Please dont let it put you off. We drove ourselves crazy reading reviews and in the end we decided to not worry to much about the reviews and go with what feels right! I'm sure your find the perfect hotel!

Nicola - I went with 'Ambrosia'. I love it. There was a promotion on the weekend i went on the Maggie 2010 range and i got 15% off to! Whoop!! All her dresses are lovely. I tried on a few different styles but i knew Ambrosia was 'the one'. I even carry a photo of it around with me in my purse! lol. I had a peek on the site. Reece and Sterling are beautiful dresses! Let us know how you get on! Sooooo exciting x

#32 gemmalou

gemmalou
    • 14 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

hey girls,
      i'm from the UK and we are planning on having our wedding at moon place in nov 2011, looks gorgeous. can't wait to book it just waiting for the travel agent to call us when we can. we have about 20 of us going out there so far. anyone else planning on going to this hotel??

#33 ahollo02

ahollo02
      • 296 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:04 PM

I am a 2011 bride too!! I am looking into the Valentin Imperial. Just waiting on prices and such Feels like it's forever away

#34 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
        • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

Wow Michelle I'm surprised you can't just atleast hold the date! My TA said airfare prices are usually out about 333 days prior to the date you are leaving. Our wedding is only 11 months away now, but I still feel like it's forever away. It is starting to feel real when I call to make an appt to try on dresses or speak to the resort and the ask the wedding date...I was telling my FI- like it's a real date now!! It's not just a date I have in my head! lol

But we are having a AHR also, so I really need to start planning that, because that's like planning another wedding!!

#35 Nicyx

Nicyx
          • 2,914 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

Michelle2011, like you i had a peek on the Maggie website at your dress & WOW, its gorgeous :-) Cant wait to get my dress.

gemmalou.... Were not planning on getting wed at Moon Palace but it looks beautiful, im sure a few on here will be gettng wed at that resort :-)

Its so flippin frustrating this waiting for prices to come out, i feel like i cant really do anything yet like STD, Invitations, or much else at the mo.... Also nothing actually feels "real" at the moment, Just want to get it booked!!! The only wedding thing ive bought is from a wedding fair I went to last October @ the NEC in Birmingham and that is his and hers "Just Married" flip flops, they were buy one get on free @ £9.99p.
            I really feel like i need to start buying things but i just dont know where to start!!

What has everone else started to do other than dress or rings?

Nic x

Can anyone tell me how i attach pictures on here? Thanks x

#36 saza175

saza175
            • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

Hi,
              I am shooting for the third week in Feb 2011! I am in love with either Dreams Cancun, or Dreams Tulum in the Riviera Maya

#37 Nicyx

Nicyx
              • 2,914 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hi Saza175 and welcome :-)

You will have to letus know what you decide to go with!!

Happy Planning

Nic x

#38 kurlyks

kurlyks
                • 176 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:43 PM

hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and I'm looking at the same areas/resorts as you all. We are planning to get married in May 2011. So far I really like:

Azul Beach
                  Azul Sensatori
                  Dreams Riviera Cancun
                  Dreams Tulum (though I'm worried it's really far away from everything)

I'm also looking at resorts closer to Playa Del Carmen.
                  We were going to get married in Cancun, but FI and I went there for vacation a few weeks ago and didn't really like how "Americanized" it was....

I just want to pick a place already, I'm sick of spending half my work day on Tripadvisor, haha!
                  May 7th, 2011 ~ Playacar Palace Resort

#39 gingerlover36

gingerlover36
                  • 89 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:15 PM

Hey Michelle

Thanks for the advice. I keep getting so frustrated with not knowing what we are going to do yet or where we are going to book it. I can't wait till I have a set date. Does Barcelo do one or two weddings per day?

#40 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
                    • 418 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jrb

I just want to know if any other brides have been able to book a wedding a year in advance and at what resorts? I really want to get something in writing!!
                      thanks,
                      Jenna
                      I've booked for 8th April 2011 and paid deposit already for Dreams Riviera Cancun.

Thats so fustrating not been able to book as you need to give everyone loads of notice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users