Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#2111 janapana

janapana
  • Member
  • 591 posts

    Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

    good advice, thanks. i walked into our town this morning after i was on here, and went in a dress shop to look for something for my mum, was chatting to the owner who asked me if i´d got my dress yet, i said i´d got A dress, but not THE dress, so she showed me a couple they´ve got in, one was really nice, so to be polite (HONEST!) i tried it on. It was gorgeous and fit like it was made for me.......

    Unfortunately it´s 1000â¬!
    I´m going to take my mum to see it anyway on friday, cos she´s a really bad influence on me and will probably tell me to buy it. But like I said before, how many other chances am i going to get?

    #2112 diamondpooch

    diamondpooch
    • Member
    • 546 posts

      Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:58 AM

      Janapana, I'm glad you found the dress you like. I think every woman should be able to have the dress of their dreams! And, I hear you about this forum being bad for the budget!!! LOL. I've spent money on things I never would have before had I not seen them on here! But, you take the good with the bad, hehe.

      #2113 michelle2011

      michelle2011
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,301 posts

        Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by janapana
        good advice, thanks. i walked into our town this morning after i was on here, and went in a dress shop to look for something for my mum, was chatting to the owner who asked me if i´d got my dress yet, i said i´d got A dress, but not THE dress, so she showed me a couple they´ve got in, one was really nice, so to be polite (HONEST!) i tried it on. It was gorgeous and fit like it was made for me.......

        Unfortunately it´s 1000â¬!
        I´m going to take my mum to see it anyway on friday, cos she´s a really bad influence on me and will probably tell me to buy it. But like I said before, how many other chances am i going to get?
        Ha ha that is so funny!!! Go buy it! order it!! do it, do it, do it!! ha ha x

        #2114 normamichelle

        normamichelle
        • Newbie
        • 20 posts

          Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by diamondpooch
          Janapana, I'm glad you found the dress you like. I think every woman should be able to have the dress of their dreams! And, I hear you about this forum being bad for the budget!!! LOL. I've spent money on things I never would have before had I not seen them on here! But, you take the good with the bad, hehe.
          I completely agree... I wanted to save money in the dress dept as well but after thinking about it I realized that you only get one chance to feel like a princess and if you LOVE the dress and how it makes you feel you can always find a way to buy it!! I've decided to give up Starbucks for a while ( a long while) so I can afford a pair of shoes i LOVE!! I may be grouchy but it will definitely be worth it!! Go for the dress, the rest will work itself out :) Good luck!

          #2115 Nicyx

          Nicyx
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,914 posts

            Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by janapana
            OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!

            So i bought my blue/ purple dress after deciding, no,i don´t want a wedding dress, it´s not me, blah blah blah......

            And now i want a wedding dress. Oh NO! My other half is going to kill me! I just suddenly thought, when am i going to get another opportunity to wear a flowy sparkly white dress?

            Hopefully never!!!!!!

            So here we go again, trawling through website after website, driving all over the Costa Blanca to find bridal shops. Oh dear.

            I blame you lot!
            YEAH YEAH.... OUR FAULT

            But to be fair, i do know exactly where your coming from, I NEVER wanted a wedding dress at all really, that was the 1 thing i was sure of and even growing up, yes i wanted to get married one day but the wedding dress just never did it for me.... That was untill one day my friend dragged me to a wedding shop one sat afternoon after work, i tried 2 on in the spare of the moment and low and behold... I fell in love with the 2nd one i tried on....
            Never in a million years did i ever think id buy/ be going to buy a wedding dress!!! haha, like you i just wanted a dress for the day which looked gorgeous on :-)

            What have you come up with so far? xoxo

            #2116 *lyndsey*

            *lyndsey*
            • Jr. Member
            • 184 posts

              Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

              Hi everyone, we're getting married at Azul Sensatori next May...can't wait! this forum is full of so much helpful advice x

              #2117 diamondpooch

              diamondpooch
              • Member
              • 546 posts

                Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

                Hey Lyndsey, congrats and good luck planning!

                #2118 klc52379

                klc52379
                • Newbie
                • 48 posts

                  Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

                  I hear all of you on the dress! I keep telling myself that it's only for a few hours and that I shouldn't spend that much, blah, blah, blah :) I haven't started thinking about what I want yet for a dress.

                  My FH just rolls his eyes when I bring up "well so and so on that website is doing this...." It's amazing how much some additional costs that I didn't think of prior are coming into play now!

                  #2119 FutureMrsRobart

                  FutureMrsRobart
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 254 posts

                    Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:38 PM

                    Gosh it feels like forever since I've been on :-s Just finished a 4 week crash course of training in the PICU and I never get on here anymore:-s Off for the rest of the week so hopefully I can catch up LoL My dress got here last week though and it is gorgeous, finally got our date and ceremony time confirmed and we officially have 11 peeps booked so things are coming along slowly anyway. Hope all is well with you ladies. Can't wait to look up all the goodies that I missed. :-)
                    http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

                    Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

                    #2120 michelle2011

                    michelle2011
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,301 posts

                      Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:53 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart
                      Gosh it feels like forever since I've been on :-s Just finished a 4 week crash course of training in the PICU and I never get on here anymore:-s Off for the rest of the week so hopefully I can catch up LoL My dress got here last week though and it is gorgeous, finally got our date and ceremony time confirmed and we officially have 11 peeps booked so things are coming along slowly anyway. Hope all is well with you ladies. Can't wait to look up all the goodies that I missed. :-)
                      So glad you got your date confirmed. I'm still waiting for our hotel to confirm our date. So frustrating. Neither me or the TA has heard from the hotel in 2 weeks now! I just want the date confirmed and our package price then i will chill out a little!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users