Jump to content

Photo

Any 2011 Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
3537 replies to this topic

#1411 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
  • Jr. Member
  • 279 posts

    Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:16 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sandra Lue
    Hello ladies! Another May 2011 bride here. We are going to the Riviera Maya this week to do some site inspections and will post my findings. Here is my list of resorts: Grand Palladium, Barcelo Maya Palace, Occidental Xcaret, Iberostar Paraiso Maya, and Riu.

    Wish me luck!

    Sandra

    Welcome and good luck! We are getting married at the Lindo which is immediately adjacent to the IB Maya and shares the same pool, etc. Can't wait to hear your review! In particular, I'm interested in hearing what you think of the restaurants/venues that you can have a private reception there.

    We are going in July to do our site visit. I know we are doing things backwards, book our resort and then site visit, but such is life. This way at least we will be able to pick out our reception venue, menu, flowers, etc. and not have to worry about a thing the week of our wedding.

    Have a great trip! Safe travels!
    Tara

    #1412 FutureMrsRobart

    FutureMrsRobart
    • Jr. Member
    • 254 posts

      Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:42 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lindobride14
      Welcome and good luck! We are getting married at the Lindo which is immediately adjacent to the IB Maya and shares the same pool, etc. Can't wait to hear your review! In particular, I'm interested in hearing what you think of the restaurants/venues that you can have a private reception there.

      We are going in July to do our site visit. I know we are doing things backwards, book our resort and then site visit, but such is life. This way at least we will be able to pick out our reception venue, menu, flowers, etc. and not have to worry about a thing the week of our wedding.

      Have a great trip! Safe travels!
      Tara
      Our resort was booked before our site visit too :-)
      http://www.whenismyw....90426edcc4.gif

      Us + 5 Kids + 34 Adults = 41 Booked

      #1413 mexbride83

      mexbride83
      • Jr. Member
      • 309 posts

        Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

        Nicy I can't believe we haven't heard from you today! What happened?? Are you booked?

        #1414 nairay

        nairay
        • Jr. Member
        • 156 posts

          Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sandra Lue
          Hello ladies! Another May 2011 bride here. We are going to the Riviera Maya this week to do some site inspections and will post my findings. Here is my list of resorts: Grand Palladium, Barcelo Maya Palace, Occidental Xcaret, Iberostar Paraiso Maya, and Riu.

          Wish me luck!

          Sandra

          Congrats and welcome! The weather's absolutely perfect there right now. Best of luck with your site visit :)

          #1415 Mandy Canada

          Mandy Canada
          • Newbie
          • 79 posts

            Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

            Hi everyone, just wanted to share that I am going to the Royal Decameron March 26-April 2, 2011. She has been very great to work with thus far and has answered my many emails. I dont have the final quote yet however the initial pricing info has been reasonable.

            I also have lots of information about the Resort and have been in communication with the wedding coordinator.

            Happy Planning!



            #1416 rosieposie

            rosieposie
            • Member
            • 649 posts

              Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:22 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart
              I was just saying on the 2011 Rates thread I'm starting to get really nervous based on the March '11 rates for my resort. Its looking like an easy 2K pp. Hoping that May's rates are little easier on the eyes for my poor guests :-s
              i hope so too! so far from what I've seen on the resort's site isn't pretty...but hopefully as time passes the numbers will start to go down.

              we'll all be keeping our eyes peeled!

              #1417 josietoms

              josietoms
              • Member
              • 765 posts

                Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mandy Canada
                Hi everyone, just wanted to share that I am going to the Royal Decameron March 26-April 2, 2011. 

                I also have lots of information about the Resort and have been in communication with the wedding coordinator.

                Happy Planning!

                Great news you're all booked and welcome along!


                Josie x

                #1418 josietoms

                josietoms
                • Member
                • 765 posts

                  Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:14 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mexbride83
                  Nicy I can't believe we haven't heard from you today! What happened?? Are you booked?
                  I had a look at the prices that came out yesterday here in the UK - cause as you know we work slightly different - we get a brochure the brochure states the price and thats pretty much what you pay! The brochures were for summer 2011 which run from April 2011 - October 2011. Wanted to get an idea of a cheap week away in about September 2011 that we could make our 'honeymoon' as all the family will be with us for our 2 weeks in Mexico. But looking at the prices there was only an increase on this year of about 2-3% across the board; so fingers crossed any of the UK brides booking wont have heart failure at the look of the prices. If its anything like when i booked i had to become quite the demanding bridezilla demanding to know if people were definately coming or not as we got 10% discount if we did a group booking - this was the most stressful part for me. lol!
                  Josie x

                  #1419 Nicyx

                  Nicyx
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,914 posts

                    Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mexbride83
                    Nicy
                    I had a look at the prices that came out yesterday here in the UK - cause as you know we work slightly different - we get a brochure the brochure states the price and thats pretty much what you pay! The brochures were for summer 2011 which run from April 2011 - October 2011. Wanted to get an idea of a cheap week away in about September 2011 that we could make our 'honeymoon' as all the family will be with us for our 2 weeks in Mexico. But looking at the prices there was only an increase on this year of about 2-3% across the board; so fingers crossed any of the UK brides booking wont have heart failure at the look of the prices. If its anything like when i booked i had to become quite the demanding bridezilla demanding to know if people were definately coming or not as we got 10% discount if we did a group booking - this was the most stressful part for me. lol!
                    Sorry ladies.... Im here, Im here!!!! Didnt come on last night as FI and i were working out expences etc, Not booked yet as im being cheeky at the mo and getting prices from 3 travel agents, Thomas Cook, Thomsons & First choise... we want to haggle as much as can with them all and see who comes in the cheapest!!! Looking at booking as soon as we can really but not before we try to knock em down a bit if we can..... The prices are about £700 cheaper than we were quoted for April 2011 so really really happy we have waited for May :-) Just got one or two more questins i need to ask TA's 2moz then hope to finalize things in our own mind over the weekend....
                    ARGH..... IM SO EXCITED, Things are starting to happen now.... :-) xox

                    #1420 Nicyx

                    Nicyx
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,914 posts

                      Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mandy Canada
                      Hi everyone, just wanted to share that I am going to the Royal Decameron March 26-April 2, 2011. I am using a travel agent from Marlin Travel. She has been very great to work with thus far and has answered my many emails. I dont have the final quote yet however the initial pricing info has been reasonable.

                      I also have lots of information about the Resort and have been in communication with the wedding coordinator.

                      Happy Planning!
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Sandra Lue
                      Hello ladies! Another May 2011 bride here. We are going to the Riviera Maya this week to do some site inspections and will post my findings. Here is my list of resorts: Grand Palladium, Barcelo Maya Palace, Occidental Xcaret, Iberostar Paraiso Maya, and Riu.

                      Wish me luck!

                      Sandra

                      Hello and welcome, Oooooo its all exciting there are so many more 2011 brides now :-) Cant wait to hear how you ladies are getting on xox




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users