Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Katie who did you book for your shoot ive booked foryoureyesonlyportraits.Im going to the studio in High Wickham they have another in Manchester.It would be so cool if you were going there aswell.When is your shoot?

I need to loose at least half a stone in by the 6th of APRIL.

I start a new job on Monday and hope that ill shift some with nerves and hard work lol.

I need to start pulling some items together

So far i have two pairs of shoes black high heels and my hot pink platforms with bling that im wearing on my wedding day.

A purple basque that Paul bought me for christmas with matching knickers.

I ordered a set from ebay pink and black with black ruffles with a little skirt that just about fits not very good quality to be honest sooo not sure about that one!!!!!

I need to go shopping did you get your things yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo66 View Post
Katie who did you book for your shoot ive booked foryoureyesonlyportraits.Im going to the studio in High Wickham they have another in Manchester.It would be so cool if you were going there aswell.When is your shoot?

I need to loose at least half a stone in by the 6th of APRIL.
I start a new job on Monday and hope that ill shift some with nerves and hard work lol.
I need to start pulling some items together
So far i have two pairs of shoes black high heels and my hot pink platforms with bling that im wearing on my wedding day.
A purple basque that Paul bought me for christmas with matching knickers.
I ordered a set from ebay pink and black with black ruffles with a little skirt that just about fits not very good quality to be honest sooo not sure about that one!!!!!
I need to go shopping did you get your things yet?
hey! another UK bride!! wahhoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah wow, I wanted to do FYEO - it was one of their adverts that got me thinking about it to start with, but it was just too expensive for me. I shopped around - for AGES - and found this photog, Amy Symons. She has a studio in London and one in Folkstone and her packages were much more suitable for my budget. I have been having loads of emails with her and she's been the person who's made me feel most comfortable about doing it and most importantly, without even talking to her I feel comfortable already :)
Amy Symons Photography
Boudoir Photography

so yours is about 2 weeks after mine!! mine is 2 weeks from today!!!! I've been working out for about 6 weeks now and more seriously in the past 2 weeks but I haven't lost any weight. I have changed shape and loads of people have said I've lost weight but the scales don't agree. But that's fine, as long as I look better, I don't care what the scales actually say.

I've got:

- white corset, stockings, garter etc for my bridal shots
- England football top with 'Mrs Day' on the back and a mini football (probably will wear with just french knickers and maybe stockings)
- i'm taking my FI's favourite LBD (I don't wear it out as it's soooo figure hugging I wouldn't have the guts, so thought this could be an ideal opportunity!)
- I need to get one of his shirts
- got a white feather boa (just cheap from Claire's Accessories) which looks fab (definitely check it out for your jewellary props)

I still need to get a corset and knicker set (black) for the more sexy/sultry poses and I'm not having much luck with that one - I need a set as I'm hopeless at matching things myself.

my white corset was from ebay and yes it's cheap, but I still think it will look good in the pics and then I'll probably throw it away anyway!

Good luck for your new job too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Katie i wish id found your lady first.FYEO was very expensive but hey theyll earn every penny airbrushing me out lol.Fear has not made me loose anything,my excuse my thyroid has gone mad it was sitting at 0.3 just lightly under the start of the normal range of 0.4 _ 0.9 Mines a big fat blimming 9.I hope with the pressure of next week i can shift some fat.Im leaving my job as a radiology assitant to become a manager of a mexican resturant.Im having huge waves of am i mad !!! or stupid !!! or both.The 10k payrise was what one me over.Money deffo is the route of all evil.

Can i ask how much are you paying for your shoot? where do you live i ask because you said she has a studio in Folkestone im twenty mins away from there.

It looks like you have pretty much got your outfits sorted,Ill be making a mad dash if im not careful ive looked about and theres not much out there hence the ebay purchase.

Enjoy your shoot xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo66 View Post
Katie i wish id found your lady first.FYEO was very expensive but hey theyll earn every penny airbrushing me out lol.Fear has not made me loose anything,my excuse my thyroid has gone mad it was sitting at 0.3 just lightly under the start of the normal range of 0.4 _ 0.9 Mines a big fat blimming 9.I hope with the pressure of next week i can shift some fat.Im leaving my job as a radiology assitant to become a manager of a mexican resturant.Im having huge waves of am i mad !!! or stupid !!! or both.The 10k payrise was what one me over.Money deffo is the route of all evil.
Can i ask how much are you paying for your shoot? where do you live i ask because you said she has a studio in Folkestone im twenty mins away from there.
It looks like you have pretty much got your outfits sorted,Ill be making a mad dash if im not careful ive looked about and theres not much out there hence the ebay purchase.
Enjoy your shoot xxx
These are the packages she offers for Folkstone shoots (which is where I'm going to - the cost is cheaper than the cost of travel there, and as they say, 'every little helps'!)

Deluxe London Boudoir Shoot with Prints-
*A two hour shoot against different sets and backdrops in an unlimited number of outfits
* A set of eight 9x6, fully retouched prints, chosen from your personal, secure online gallery
£220

Deluxe London Boudoir Shoot with Album -
*A two hour shoot against different sets and backdrops in an unlimited number of outfits
*A beautiful professional album in black containing your choice of twelve fully retouched images in 7x5 size, framed within black overlays
£370

Deluxe London Boudoir Shoot with Large Album -
*A two hour shoot against different sets and backdrops in an unlimited number of outfits
*A beautiful professional album in black containing your choice of twenty-four fully retouched images in 10x8 size, framed within black overlays
£520

For an extra treat why not add....
* Make-up and Hairstyling Session before your shoot, with a professional make-up artist
£60

* Extra, fully retouched, 9x6 prints - £12*each (Other sizes available)

* A CD of all the images in your gallery (50-100) + chosen retouched images -£100

I live in Orpington in Kent so will just drive to Folkstone to have the shoot. I will probably go with the lowest priced package (they all include retouching) and then add some photos to that, and then put them in an album myself. I'll pay to have my make up done too as this is something nearly every b2b has advised as the pics come out tons better.

Well if you're bored on the 24th, pop along!!

Your job change sounds life-changing, a brave but very inspiring thing to do...GOOD LUCK! Let me know how your first day goes!

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orpington so close !!!! Im in Lenham between Maidstone and Ashford.Its my last day at work today.I know im gong to spend the day in tears.I am excited about my new job but had considered my hospital job a job for life.

Good luck with your shoot if im off on the 24th and if you need some support i will come and find you.Tomorrow im going to go in search of outfits AHHHHHH Maria x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo66 View Post
Orpington so close !!!! Im in Lenham between Maidstone and Ashford.Its my last day at work today.I know im gong to spend the day in tears.I am excited about my new job but had considered my hospital job a job for life.
Good luck with your shoot if im off on the 24th and if you need some support i will come and find you.Tomorrow im going to go in search of outfits AHHHHHH Maria x
GOOD LUCK for your last day!!!! and good luck for your outfit shopping tomorrow! you'll have loads of fun looking for things.

Try to get an idea of what outfits/poses you want to do before you go so you can take a shopping list of everything you need to get to pull off all the different outfits...I found it MUCH easier!

Let me know how you get on :) flypig.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I was on the fence about doing this but I think I am sold! You all look amazing. I live in the Philly area, anyone know of a good photographer around here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi All, I have just gotten in touch with a TA and we are in the process of getting quotes for our wedding in either DR or Mexico. Now she said something that I wasn't  aware of and I wonder how others handled this as I just can't believe that we are the only one in this situation. We feel we are asking our guests already a for a lot to come a long way to our wedding (our guests come from Canada and Germany) and there are a few that wouldn't want to miss it (like my partner's brother) but they just don't have a lot of money. Our budget doesn't allow us to chip in for flights and accommodation so we are basically asking everyone to save up money for our big event. Now we are planning the wedding at a resort that I know some of our guests can't (or don't want to) pay for. We were hoping to find a place where guests have the option to book themselves a cheaper hotel or an AirBnB nearby and only come to our wedding. Our TA told us that the resort might not allow that or only for a limited percentage of our guests. That is terrible news for us! I think that a good 50% of our guests will also stay at the resort for one, two or even three weeks but how can we 'force' other people to stay at the hotel of OUR choice?  I get that the resort would charge a fee for day guests and obviously we expect to pay for food and drinks but I didn't know that we would have to agree to a certain percentage of the guests staying at the resort. I don't feel we have control over that. How do others handle that?
    • Getting married in 10/2020, anyone had a recent wedding here? Asking for some help
    • Hi, I know prices change year to year- Anyone have 2019 or possibly 2020 prices? 
    • My husband and I was married 18 years ago. My husband hates dressing up and truly I had no idea to that he feels embarrassed in dress attire. I told him the only way I would marry him was in tux jacket and pants shirt. Well he wore it but after wedding hyperventilating and nearly passed out. He felt totally humiliated and had horrible memories of our wedding. He has never allowed me to show our wedding photos to anyone and simply it ruined the wedding and has caused tremendous amount of issues over the years due to the fact I made him wear it. He now wants to redo the wedding to wash out our wedding memories and create new. Wants briadsmaid groomsmen everything. He wished he had simply went against my will wore something different. So wants to redo everything included everyone and what they wore but change what he wore. Me dressed in my original wedding dress. I so wish I had never posed him into a suit on our wedding day.its been 18 year nightmare.  He simply wishes to completely recreate a memory. My question is it okay to completely redo our wedding exactly the way it was except what he wears? This has been 18 years of hell he xant get over it. He cant even stand to look at photos and we have never watched the video. Thank you all Sarah 
    • Hi! How did everything turn out? I just booked mine there for next November and would love any tips you have! 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...