So many resorts, what to choose?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Angelina

• 57 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:35 AM

Hi Ladies,

Very nice to meet all of you! I am working at narrowing down a resort right now, trying to stay within my guests budget which is proving to be quite hard I must tell you :)

My name is Angelina & we are aiming for the Mayan in November 2010. We'll see how that goes haha.

Any words of advice are more then welcome!

Look forward to chatting with you all!

#2 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:18 AM

Hi Angelina! Welcome to the forum! Best wishes!

#3 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:21 PM

Congratulations Angelina! You'll find everything you need on this fourm, it really helped me decide on a resort!

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#4 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:13 PM

Hi angelina welcome and congrats!! My biggest advice (what i've learned throughout this process) is to worry about you and your FI first!!! You will never be able to stay within everyone's budget. I had the same issue, fell in love with a resort, but it was a bit pricier than the others we visited and I was really torn. My FI finally reassured me that although we would love to have everyone come, it was about us in the end and its something that we will remember forever! I'm so glad we booked our resort, it's gorgeous!!
          Good luck!

#5 Jodimichelle

• 310 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

Hello Angelina and welcome. This forum is great and you will find so much information on here!!
            My advice...Yes I agree def. think about you and your fiance first. You will never please everyone and you will always have someone if not many complain. Do what is best for you guys and rem. it is your day!
            You already chose the location..now the resort. This took me about three months to decide. What I would do is read peoples posts from the Maya Riveria section. I am getting married at Moon Palace. I loved their other location and reading peoples posts helped me make my decision.

Lots of luck to you!
            24 Rooms Booked!

#6 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

Welcome and Congrats! Find a travel agent and get some quotes, maybe you can find places in your budget. But like the previous post said- it's about you and your FI.

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#7 Princess402

• 737 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

Welcome to the forum!

I totally understand your situation - it took me SO long (like a ridiculously long time!) to decide on a resort. There are just so many to choose from, each with their own set of pros and cons. I think that I wasted a lot of time trying to find "the perfect resort" only to realize that such a thing rarely exists! That being said, I hope you find the most perfect resort you can for you and your FI, and there is a ton of info here to help you do that :)

#8 SheriB

• 597 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:23 PM

Welcome to the forum! Picking the resort has got to be one of the hardest decisions! I am still working on mine. There are lots of ideas and great advice on here though. Good luck!

#9 SuperKate

• 752 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 12:25 AM

Angelina, congrats and welcome to the forum! Good luck planning.

#10 ML YoungLove

ML YoungLove
                    • 531 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

Congrats and welcome. Happy planning.
                      Mrs. Young

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users