Photo

For those that brought decor down with them

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 mrs.timpone

mrs.timpone
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

thanks for the heads up ladies! keeping the receipts is somehting i wouldnt have thought of

#22 LilRebel

LilRebel
    • 33 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

I will try not to have a lot of "extras" with me, but I was planning to put it all in a suit-case.
      For most of the stuff I don't even have receipots anymore.

#23 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
      • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

I travelled with Sunwing and split up the decor and OOT bag items among my immediate family members. Regardless, I ended up spending almost $700 on extra weight charges! $20/kilo adds up very quickly. No one asked me for receipts, either in Toronto or in Punta Cana. My advice - if you have a lot of items, split it up amongst MANY of your guests so as to lighten the load. There isn't anything I regret bringing, and my guests loved the OOT bags, I just wish I had split up the load better.
        Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
        Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
        http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
        Leftover Wedding Items FS:
        http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#24 shae

shae
        • 308 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl
          I travelled with Sunwing and split up the decor and OOT bag items among my immediate family members. Regardless, I ended up spending almost $700 on extra weight charges! $20/kilo adds up very quickly. No one asked me for receipts, either in Toronto or in Punta Cana. My advice - if you have a lot of items, split it up amongst MANY of your guests so as to lighten the load. There isn't anything I regret bringing, and my guests loved the OOT bags, I just wish I had split up the load better.
          holy moly! how many bags did you have

#25 Readybetty

Readybetty
          • 77 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

Same as some of the other girls, I am dispersing all of my decorations out for our close family to help carry. As long as you mark down who is carrying what and that they have receipts for those items, it shouldn't be much of an issue.(hopefully)

#26 KelandJay81

KelandJay81
            • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

I haven't been saving my receipts either but I will definitely start!! 

Once again, I cannot express enough of how much I appreciate all of you ladies and your great advice.

Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
              January 12, 2012

51 Booked!!! Wooooo hoooo!
              Our Wedding Website

#27 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

I agree!!

Originally Posted by KelandJay81 

I haven't been saving my receipts either but I will definitely start!! 

Once again, I cannot express enough of how much I appreciate all of you ladies and your great advice.

#28 KelandJay81

KelandJay81
              • 158 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

Lol - that is exactly what I was thinking but at $20.00/kilo (2.2lbs) I could see how it would add up fast.

I have already started to let people know that I will be "using them". Also for carryon's the often don't weigh our here, so you may have a little more wiggle room.

Originally Posted by shae 

Holy moly! how many bags did you have

Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
                January 12, 2012

51 Booked!!! Wooooo hoooo!
                Our Wedding Website

#29 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                • 1,252 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

lol lol im doing the same with fam and friends....as iam trying to bring extra decorations and OTT stuff.

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#30 kerrib

kerrib
                  • 207 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

I am shipping my stuff down ahead of time to the resort. It was suggested by my WC, I'm getting married at a Dreams resort, so that might be resort specific. When I asked how to ship it, they just told me to make sure it was "packed well" because customs can be tricky.

I have also heard that there are problems in customs not just because of the content (i.e. sand, shells, etc) but that most of the time it is multiples. I was told to but a note on top of the items inside the package saying "not for resale / wedding decorations". I'll be adding my receipts into the boxes I ship, too. Can't be too careful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users