Photo

For those that brought decor down with them

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

did you pack it in a suitcase? I thought I read somewhere had checked a plastic bin?

#2 jaynreneewed

jaynreneewed
    • 184 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

Good question- I was thinkingthe same thing.

#3 alkoch

alkoch
      • 515 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

I haven't done it yet but I plan on checking a Rubbermaid container, that way I can leave the containers down there for the stuff I don't need to bring back home.

#4 egsarah

egsarah
        • 355 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

We brought everything down in 7 yes seven suitcases during our site visit. (We had a lot of stuff for our OOT bags) Make sure to check the airlines website. Some of them will not check boxes, or parcels internationally. I'm not sure what a rubbermaid container would be classified as but the last thing you want to do is get to the airport and they won't let you check it through.

Also I can't stress enough...BRING RECEIPTS! We could have had major issues in customs but it ended up being a breeze since I had proof of everything.

#5 *Linds*

*Linds*
          • 5,776 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:43 PM

this is exactly why I am leaning against oot bags
            Loving married life! <3

#6 trobin01

trobin01
            • 203 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:51 PM

I have a ton of decor items already. (Michaels was having a 90% off sale on fall flowers) but I am worried about how to get it down there. Perhaps I will forgo the OOT bags in the interest of not paying too may overweight charges!

I'd be interested in any success stories people have- especially those on Canadian Charter airlines (i.e. Air transat- not always known for being flexible..)

#7 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
              • 5,521 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:52 PM

Im going to use suitcases for everything we need to bring. Good luck!

#8 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                • 546 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:52 AM

I'm using suitcases for everything. I also have a lot of decor and OOT items.

#9 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                  • 3,103 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by egsarah
                    We brought everything down in 7 yes seven suitcases during our site visit. (We had a lot of stuff for our OOT bags) Make sure to check the airlines website. Some of them will not check boxes, or parcels internationally. I'm not sure what a rubbermaid container would be classified as but the last thing you want to do is get to the airport and they won't let you check it through.

Also I can't stress enough...BRING RECEIPTS! We could have had major issues in customs but it ended up being a breeze since I had proof of everything.
                    How thorough were they on receipts? I have a bunch of receipts and plan on taking suitcases but I don't have receipts for every single item.

Should I be worried?

#10 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
                    • 417 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:37 AM

Thanks for the heads up about the reciepts...I havent been saving mine...crap!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users