Photo

Opinions Please

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 snoopAsh

snoopAsh
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:50 PM

hmmm...I would tell him that he can wear black at the reception, but not the ceremony.

You want a beachy feel...there isnt black anywhere. Maybe if you work with him and compromise on changing outfits it will work better.

I think that black would be weird. BUT also, if thats what he wants to do....then let him do it.

I guess that I didnt really help...lol...sorry!
    http://i682.photobuc....curb/th_55.jpg
    May 29, 2010
    Cancun, Mexico

#12 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:52 PM

Aww I love our FIs lol!! I think if all he wants to pick is what he wears and the honeymoon, you might have to let it go. I would definately push for a gray or navy suit though. It would go better with the beach backdrop. My mom wanted the guys in black suits and I just kept showing her pics of black suits on the beach vs tan suits. She agrees with me now that it doesn't look right. It would be like us wearing a big cathedral gown!!

#13 *Linds*

*Linds*
      • 5,776 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

I don't think black would be a problem! I'm sure its hard because you have a certain vision in your mind, but we brides get to pick out a lot of things, so I guess its our duty to let the boys atleast get to help choose what they wear.

No worries, black will look great!
        Loving married life! <3

#14 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
        • 734 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carolina24
          Aww I love our FIs lol!! I think if all he wants to pick is what he wears and the honeymoon, you might have to let it go. I would definately push for a gray or navy suit though. It would go better with the beach backdrop. My mom wanted the guys in black suits and I just kept showing her pics of black suits on the beach vs tan suits. She agrees with me now that it doesn't look right. It would be like us wearing a big cathedral gown!!

LOL I agree and it amazes me how many pictures I've seen of women wearing ball gowns on the beach. I guess it depends on what you feel comfortable in. I still have time, so we'll see if I can convince him; although he might be right about looking washed out in a tan suit..lol or he can look to pale in a black one. uugghhh decisions.
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
          http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#15 kat_mc13

kat_mc13
          • 67 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

Lol I pictured mine in a tan suit too but he demanded navy blue! I think we sort of have to let them do what they want since we pretty much pick everything else. I think it will look nice though, especially with the groomsmen with fuscia ties

#16 trobin01

trobin01
            • 203 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

We have the same colours! I think what he wants will look amazing and be a really nice contrast against the sand for the photos. Besides because it is a DW you can do whatever you want.

#17 MObride09

MObride09
              • 186 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

My FI is doing the same thing, and my BM's are in black dresses and using tropical colors everywhere else: flowers, accessories and such. I've seen a few weddings with black linen suits and while it does look a little more formal, it still looks great. The suits and BM's in black shirts and khaki pants "popped" in the pictures, where the khaki can blend with the scenery...I guess it depends on the feel you are going for. Khaki looks great too, particularly for that casual beachy feel... We are doing a gazebo rather than beach, so a little more formal works for us..
                I do have to agree with your FI though, being of some Irish blood myself (fair and all) we do look much better in black than Khaki :) LOL!!!

#18 KarenM

KarenM
                • 1,920 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:39 PM

I think black will look fine! I like the ideas of the black linen shirt w/ tan pants or a black linen suit. I also like a black suit & fun shoes like Chuck Taylors

Click the image to open in full size.

here's a pic of a groom in all black & groomsmen in black/tan

and here's a pic of a groom w/ a black suit on the beach

#19 inspiredfyre

inspiredfyre
                  • 304 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:16 AM

He can always have two suits!!! Most us gals on here have more than 1 dress anyways!!! just an idea!

-Sharon

http://tickers.Ticke....744b/event.pnghttp://i665.photobuc....r-05-low-1.jpg

#20 mlabbe

mlabbe
                    • 784 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:57 AM

He will look great, and it will make him happy, so why not? And with a linen suit, it won't look as formal as with a regular suit. It will look great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users