Getting your OOT Bag there

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

This all makes me nervous. I hate that the airlines changed the baggage rules! I'm trying to wait to see how many guests will RSVP before I go on a shopping frenzy and can't bring my all my stuff with me. I wouldn't ship anything. You're better off bringing it with you.

#22 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:59 AM

I think I will be packing my stuff in my relatives bags, I don't want to chance something not arriving.
      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#23 barcelo1162010

• 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

I have been looking for vendors in Mexico to buy my things from so I don't have to ship from here. Ship direct from company to resort. However, I would love to see them in person before we get there. So far, all I have found are partyflops.

#24 nsimpson

• 325 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

Totally had not even thought about the transport of it all...I think the easier way is to pay the money to carry an extra piece of luggage if you need to. At least you'll know that you have it, instead of getting the anxiety of shipping!
          Love is a wonderful thing!
          Nadia and SergeSeptember 2010

#25 latoya1908

• 170 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

Has anyone ever heard of issues with the airlines or customs in regards to transporting OOT bag medicines (advil, pepto, etc.)?

#26 bearbunny

• 183 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

I was thinking of shipping but after reading this thread I will def be bringing my stuff on board ...will have my family take some stuff if necessary...don't need the added stress of it getting lost!

#27 isaidyes

• 269 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

I can't decide if I should carry them on - how am I going to fit 35 mugs in my luggage? or if we should give them to everyone at the airport. I thought we'd put them in cool paper bags (so they could throw out the bag and stuff the cup in their carry-on). Also, then they could read the welcome booklet on the plane? Does this sound gay?

#28 CristiandJamie

• 445 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by TonyandTricia
                  I flew Delta to Mexico last summer and we got 2 free checked bags. I don't think the baggage fees apply to international flights, but not positive on that.
                  We flew to Cozumel on American Airlines and didnt have a baggage fee for to bags (they were under 50lbs).
                  Cristi & Jamie
                  http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#29 KimmyD

• 351 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for all the advice! What a big help.
                    28 Booked + Bride & Groom
                    78 Room Nights!

#30 Trinas79

• 179 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by simba1234
                      I'm bringing everything down in my luggage. I'm going to split everything up between my luggage, my FI, my mom and some other family members.

I plan to bring down 50 beach towels so I'm going to buy Vacuum Seal Storage Bags to make room for everything in the suitcases :)

Vacuum Sealing - how genius!! I will have to remember that one, thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users