Photo

Wording for our Commitment to the Children?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
  • 546 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

So, I have two children from a previous marriage, and my FI wants to include, as part of the ceremony, a part where he addresses the children and let them know he will always be there for them, blah blah :)

Does anyone know where I can find some "traditional" verbiage/wording/script for this type of thing to help him figure out what to say??!!!

#2 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
    • 202 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:24 PM

Ooooh.... I'm interested as well... my FI has 2 kids. Lets see what everyone comes up with :)

#3 SusieQ

SusieQ
      • 1,603 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Oh i would be interested in hearing ideas on this subject as well... we each have a child each from our previous marraige and they both live with us.

#4 A2Bride

A2Bride
        • 676 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:48 PM

TA Maureen gave me some great tips...one of which we are going to use is the having the children participate in the sand ceremony. Also, I have gone online and did a search for sand ceremony and vows including children. There are some really cute ones out there. One of which that i really like refers to waves and tides...thought it really fit in with the beach theme! :-) It is refered to as a beach unity ceremony...

#5 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
          • 546 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:12 AM

thanks! I guess I'll turn to Google!

#6 MObride09

MObride09
            • 186 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

A friend of mine who recently married had a unique part in their ceremony where they actually presented rings to the groom's daughters and wrote special vows they exchanged with the girls after the couple had exchanged their own vows. I'll ask her where they found the wording, but I remember it being a special and touching part of the ceremony.

#7 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
              • 546 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

This is the one time I'm wishing we had an American minister because I would ask him to add his own verbiage regarding this. I'm sure we can figure it out though!

#8 shellk

shellk
                • 1,784 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:45 AM

what ever you find try not to make it too script like.i think something like that is best coming from the heart.good luck

#9 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                  • 546 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:50 AM

Agreed Shellk. Of course my FI, being a man, is struggling with where to even begin! I'm trying to give him some samples of what might be nice to say.

#10 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                    • 546 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:53 AM

Just found a website called Second Wedding, Remarriage, Second Marriages, & Vow Renewal Guide. It has great suggestions for including the kids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users