Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#5071 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by MelB2012 

I hit another snag this weekend.... this one was my fault. :(

I ordered my canvas bags through vistaprint because they were having a sale, and I saved I think 50%, so I quickly put them together and ordered. I know, silly me.

Turns our I wrote my DATE wrong!??!? How? How!? Foolishness. 11.13.15, instead of 11.15.13.

There wasn't much I could do to justify not reordering them.

This time, I took time, fixed up my logo, and still got 50% off. And I only ordered what I needed +2 bags (for stragglers.) Since I know have my final guest list.... It was easier.

Oh well. Only about $100-unplanned dollars spent. Oh well.

Also, I grabbed some sarongs (instead of pashmina's) for the ladies' for my OOT bags. $12 at bikini village.

-Melissa

O Melissa!  Thank goodness you have a good attitude about your mistake!  That sounds like something I would have done. 

I got my bags at Dollarama this past weekend, they were $2 each and they have a zipper on them.   The sarongs sound like a nice touch, I will definitely have to check them out.

#5072 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
    • 145 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by MelB2012 

I hit another snag this weekend.... this one was my fault. :(

I ordered my canvas bags through vistaprint because they were having a sale, and I saved I think 50%, so I quickly put them together and ordered. I know, silly me.

Turns our I wrote my DATE wrong!??!? How? How!? Foolishness. 11.13.15, instead of 11.15.13.

There wasn't much I could do to justify not reordering them.

This time, I took time, fixed up my logo, and still got 50% off. And I only ordered what I needed +2 bags (for stragglers.) Since I know have my final guest list.... It was easier.

Oh well. Only about $100-unplanned dollars spent. Oh well.

Also, I grabbed some sarongs (instead of pashmina's) for the ladies' for my OOT bags. $12 at bikini village.

-Melissa

O Melissa!  Thank goodness you have a good attitude about your mistake!  That sounds like something I would have done. 

I got my bags at Dollarama this past weekend, they were $2 each and they have a zipper on them.   The sarongs sound like a nice touch, I will definitely have to check them out.

#5073 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
      • 145 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

OK.  I give up.  If noone hears from me ever again it's because all of my responses on this thread post twice.  Doesn't happen to me on any other thread I post on.  So ANNOYING!

#5074 dutchess

dutchess
        • 120 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

It happens to me to! But I don't see your posts twice. Do u see mine twice? Im not sure what bags I want to go with yet. Maybe paper Like thesePosted Image

#5075 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
          • 197 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by MrsViolo 

HI Ladies,

Has anyone purchased a garment bag for their dress to bring on the plane?

I can't find one anywhere. I bought my dress from a Discount Bridal Store off the rack and it was packaged in a white garbage bag looking thing.

I'd rather something nicer and a little bit more durable and safe for the plane.

Any ideas?

Most Bridal stores sell them.  The store my dress comes from sells them for around $15 so I pick up one at David's Bridal for $10.  

#5076 MrsViolo

MrsViolo
          • 117 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by soontobeawalsh 

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MrsViolo 

HI Ladies,

Has anyone purchased a garment bag for their dress to bring on the plane?

I can't find one anywhere. I bought my dress from a Discount Bridal Store off the rack and it was packaged in a white garbage bag looking thing.

I'd rather something nicer and a little bit more durable and safe for the plane.

Any ideas?

Most Bridal stores sell them.  The store my dress comes from sells them for around $15 so I pick up one at David's Bridal for $10.  

Thank you!

#5077 MelB2012

MelB2012
            • 182 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

100 days and I will be leaving on a jet plane to Jamaica!!!

AHHHHHHH Can't wait.

Still a ton to do, but I've accomplished quite a bit in the last month. I'm pleased with progress.

I think I should try to start packing the wedding stuff. What I CAN anyway.....

Did anyone else start packing?

#5078 leannesmith

leannesmith
              • 63 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

I have 2 suitcases packed and ready to go....this is just wedding stuff. 

2 more to pack plus carry ons, plus the dress and suit.

I leave in less then 2 months....Sept 26 and the wedding is on Sept 30.

exciting times. :)

#5079 leannesmith

leannesmith
                • 63 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Are there any other brides getting married on Sept 30?

#5080 5yearEngagement

5yearEngagement
                  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Does anyone know details on the free wedding package? You need a minimum of 16 guests. We have 14 guests booked with our travel agent and 2 booked with their own agent. Will that be okay? As long as they are at the resort right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users