Photo

How would you attach a waterproof type wallet to your Bubba keg

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 shankd

shankd
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hey there.....I just finished buying bubba kegs from Canadian tire, and I'm not sure if a logo type waterprook sticker would work on these. so I was thinking of getting the expanding whistle key chain things, and attaching a waterproof type key and tip holder to them. I'm just not sure how I will attach these to the bubba, so my guests don't have too much to carry around. The bubba will be by their side at all times and for me, once a little tipsy, I woudn't loose my key and money if they were attached me to me......Any ideas how I can do this

#2 Islandbride2b

Islandbride2b
    • 198 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:37 PM

actually if you want to put something on the bubba keg, a name or date or something of that sort. A rub on from a walmart or a craft store works great. It will eventually come off.. but it is taking a lot of wear for it too. It with stood the sand and sun, as well as the dish washer and people picking at the letters. (I did it for a float trip a while ago, as well as used it on the beach in Jamaica) It can be a tedious DIY but it is great fun to make things personalized for your guests. :)

Good luck!!

#3 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
      • 320 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:44 AM

Maybe one of those sprial keychains that go around your wrist but have the little clip? Like this...
        Amazon.com: Stretchy Spiral Coil Clip Keychain: Office Products
        I would think you could find them at the dollar store.
        You could attach the keycard and tip holder to it. Then run the clip between the handle and cup and clip to the spiral part. Then people can choose to attach or not attach.
        Good luck!
        Any chance the bubba mugs were on sale? I am also here in the GTA.

#4 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
        • 653 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:10 AM

What about those carabiner things?
          Carabiners - Mountain Equipment Co-op

#5 echo2_62

echo2_62
          • 1,049 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:55 AM

I'm totally planning on attaching our keycard holders to the mugs!!! LOL! I'm just going to buy regular key rings and carabiners that can attach to the mug handles. The key rings you can probably find in the craft section at a dollar store (the one near me has I think 12packs for $1.50) and the carabiners I'm planning to get from ebay. If you search "lot carabiners" it will come up with a whole bunch of options for different colours, shapes and sizes.

#6 allisonmpls

allisonmpls
            • 41 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

Good thinking! I'm still trying to figure out what I am going to do for cups, but this is a great idea!

#7 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
              • 1,619 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

I went to staples got them to print my clip art on sticky paper. And I will use book protector to make it water proof. I am not sure how long it will last. But it will definitely last 7 days.
                http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
                Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
                Happily ever after...

#8 lindsay023

lindsay023
                • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

I think we are ordering these spiral key chains from Windy City Novelties. I am going to order id badge holders that zip close from either ebay or sams and attach them with the key chains to our bubba keg mugs. I also ordered business cards to insert into the badge holder with a logo and the key holder poem.
                  Key chain link...
                  Click the image to open in full size.

Badge holders on ebay...
                  Click the image to open in full size.

Good Luck!

#9 Amiep603

Amiep603
                  • 184 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:49 AM

i like the bok protector idea!!

#10 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
                    • Banned
                    • 2,710 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

I just loved the title of this thread and had to say so lol I <3 Bubba Kegs

Actually... your post ingrigued me and even though I'm having a huge DW with like 80 people I wanted to get frosty mugs for everyone and what better than a bubba! THANKS! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users