Mom bought $15 dress at thrift store, need opinions!!!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

I like it too! I think I would also remove the straps (just my opinion) and def get it taken in so it fits you better. Can't beat the price!! Yay, mom, for finding it!

#12 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

$15 is such a steal. That would make for a great TTD dress. Some alterations and it would be perfect! I would go without the halter as well.

#13 ChristinaP

• 365 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

Great find!
        I think it will look great after it is taken in. I also like the straps on, but it would look nice both ways.

#14 FutureMsMoulton

• 762 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:17 PM

i agree that you may want to take off the straps otherwise what a find!

#15 caribbeanLover

• 1,619 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

I like it, especially for $15. Go for it, it's just to trash it anyhow!!
            Have fun with it!!
            http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
            Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
            Happily ever after...

#16 sportsdog2

• 87 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:48 PM

I like it and you cannot beat the price. I would have the dress altered for a closer fit and try it without the straps. Either way, it's perfect for your TTD pictures.

#17 August2010Bride

• 369 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

Well Here it is strapless... I definately like this better!!! YAY!!
                Click the image to open in full size.

#18 ~Angela~

• 4,172 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by gossip girl
                  I think if you had it taken in for a ttd it would definitely work. If it were me I might take the strap parts off and just have it be a strapless dress.
                  I agree with Lori! I'd make it strapless as well, and have it taken in. What a steal if it actually works out!

#19 bride2010

• 424 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

I say go for it! I was actually liking the straps in the beginning (was trying to picture it after it's taken in), but it's really pretty strapless as well. It's a great deal for a TTD.
                    26 Booked + Bride & Groom
                    "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#20 August2010Bride

• 369 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, I think I'll get it taken in and then decide about the straps later...

It actually photographs pretty well. Atleast I have that checked off my list (for now!)
                      Since I'm wearing a birdcage veil during the ceremony, I think I'll get a veil with this gown.

Thanks for everyone's words of encouragement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users