Photo

Mom bought $15 dress at thrift store, need opinions!!!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hello all,
    My mom purchased this dress for $15 bucks at the thrift store. It's a Betsy & Adam dress. Initially when I saw the dress it looked like a halloween costume!!! Once I tried it on, I thought it wasn't so bad, after all I just needed a inexpensive gown for my TTD. It needs a little work, but what do you think? Be honest!!
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 SusieQ

SusieQ
    • 1,603 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

I think it is very pretty... go for it

#3 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

if it is just TTD go for it! maybe if you got it taken in on the sides to make it more fitted to your body?

#4 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
        • 369 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jess
          if it is just TTD go for it! maybe if you got it taken in on the sides to make it more fitted to your body?
          Yeah, I was going to let my mom take it in for me... It's honestly growing on me. Just a little apprehensive also, because my real gown is strapless, mermaid with a gorgeous train. Will it seem crazy to have to different styles of dresses?

#5 *Lo*

*Lo*
          • 2,993 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

I think if you had it taken in for a ttd it would definitely work. If it were me I might take the strap parts off and just have it be a strapless dress.

#6 autjo

autjo
            • 2,182 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:09 PM

I kinda like the strappy things. Once you have it altered I think it would be a great TTD.

#7 cutedimplestee

cutedimplestee
              • 487 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

I like it!! Go for it.

#8 NaM

NaM
                • 2,256 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

I agree with Lori-once it's taken in it'll look good. I would personally remove the straps too. the back looks awesome! Can't beat the price!

#9 *Linds*

*Linds*
                  • 5,776 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

I would personally remove the straps! I think it would look really cute strapless. You could also consider having a corset put in the back. I've been told by my seamstress this costs around $30. This way you can control how fitted to your body the dress is. I think its perfect for a TTD!
                    Loving married life! <3

#10 Stamperamma

Stamperamma
                    • 432 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

My TTD does not look anything like my wedding gown, one is ivory and gold the other white and silver, one has straps the other does not, one is very breezy looking and destination the other very formal and elegant.

I really like your TTD and with a little altering know one but you will know how much you paid for it.

Dea

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by August2010Bride
                      Yeah, I was going to let my mom take it in for me... It's honestly growing on me. Just a little apprehensive also, because my real gown is strapless, mermaid with a gorgeous train. Will it seem crazy to have to different styles of dresses?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users