What do your FI's think of the forum??

My husband HATED the forum until our wedding... then he saw how beneficial it was, and also got to meet Tammy & Edyta & their DHs. I think then he finally realized it wasn't all bad. He still doesn't really want me to spend as much time on here as I do- but it's because it definitely affects the cleanliness of my house and my overall productivity! I still try not to be on the computer when he's home, and make sure I get my housework done or he'll know i've been online all day!

I have told him I will cut down on my forum time since I'm married, but he understands now (finally!) that you girls are my friends- some closer than others- but that I feel invested in so many of you and want to see how your weddings turn out!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine hates it as well, but does know its beneficial because I don't bore him to death with all kinds of wedding talk and because I would have no idea how to plan a wedding in mexico without all of you!

he calls this the "psychobrides forum"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
Mine hates it as well, but does know its beneficial because I don't bore him to death with all kinds of wedding talk and because I would have no idea how to plan a wedding in mexico without all of you!

he calls this the "psychobrides forum"

LOL, too funny!rofl.gif

i love this thread!

Joe calls you guys my "online friends" and when i'm on too much he'll say thing like "how are your online friends?" or "talking to your online friends again?" It's turned into a joke around here. When I tell him about something I learned here or what one of you did I'll preface it with "one of my online friends" But he is REALLY glad I found you guys. Otherwise he'd hear it all!

oh one more thing. once joe saw something i posted and say over 1,000 posts and was like "whooaaa!! you are on here all day at work too?!" me "duh!"

I think at first Will thought I was insane and he was feeling neglected, but he actually looked around the forum the other day and was asking me questions. He knows I have really been helped out by this forum and would have been driving him crazy if I wasn't always bugging you guys. My friends however think its really weird I am on a wedding forum, but that's why you girls are my friends too! I have to have some friends who are "crazy" like me...

Mike just came in while I was on this forum and as I started talking about it and all of the information I've found and everyone on here, his eyes started getting wider and wider. He told me to slowly back away from the computer until I become sane again...haha! smile41.gif

My FI rolls his eyes when I am on here but he doesn't say much. All he ever said to me was to be careful not to be trusting b/c he said while he thinks there are probably tons of nice girls on here who are genuinely trying to help each other out, he is skeptical of their being mean people who are trying to hurt us. Other than that he thinks that we are such nice girls that we would all help each other w/o even having ever met each other.

My husband probably thinks I'm nuts, but he has his own things that I just roll my eyes at too. He did say, after our wedding, how he couldn't believe how amazing everything turned out...I totally credited this forum.

I do have to preface everything I say about you guys with "one of my wedding friends..." I did (and do) come up with a lot of interesting info that I share with him - he's thinks we are like a chick think tank.

My fiance has his own forums so it's not a big deal to him.. and when I tell him some of the great stuff I've already learned from here, he agrees they are great ideas. I think he still can't believe we are actually getting married in Maui! He totally loves the idea but before he met me I doubt it had even occurred to him to go somewhere to get married.. now he's like... "I wonder why everyone doesn't do this? It's gonna be so awesome!" :)