Photo

Have to cancel. So distraught.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 JennandMike08

JennandMike08
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

We are booked to be married on July 25, 2010. And now due to financial strains on us, we have to cancel. There is no foreseeable time frame for when we will recover financially. As selfish as it is, I feel such resentment to ward FI, knowing I never had the engagement I always dreamed of and now not even a wedding. I know we will just have to postpone until we have our finances together, but it bothers me so much. I don't want to have to continue to wait when I have put all this time and effort into planning so far and telling people about it. And I have to put a smile on my face everyday and act like I am ok with it when I am not.
    I just needed to vent somewhere so thanks for reading. Hopefully eventually I will get over this. Most of this is pure selfishness, but in reality, most women dream of this day and I'm no different.

#2 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
    • 266 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

oh no, thats simply awful. Dont feel guilty for your feelings. I dont think its selfishness for feeling this way. You have realized that it would strain your finances together and are compromising. Maybe in a year you might be able to have your dream wedding. Sending mental hugs your way.

#3 azulskies

azulskies
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:31 PM

I'm so so sorry..that's just awful. Your feelings are completely understandable. Maybe you guys can sit down and try to figure out a plan to have your dream wedding in 2011. So sorry you have to go through this I hope it will all work out.

#4 classadiva

classadiva
        • 685 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

So sorry that you have to postpone...know that your feelings are normal. I don't think you are being selfish...you are just very naturally dissapointed. I think most brides would be. You will recover from this though.....hugs to you :)

#5 SusieQ

SusieQ
          • 1,603 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:00 PM

Disappointment brings with it anger and that is just the facts. You have every right to feel angry and hurt. Don't let it ruin your relationship with the man you love. Stay strong!!!!

#6 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
            • 519 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:03 PM

Awhhh soo sad ...AGREED..don't feel bad about it at all...it happens but you have to take care of your finances first obviously then hopefully next year you guys can have your dream wedding where YOU want it! Then you will live happily ever after.....THE END!

#7 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
              • 365 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

You are in no way being selfish, and are justified in your feelings. I am so sorry that you had to make a very difficult decision. Good luck, and stay in touch. You can always vent without the fear of judgement to us!

#8 JennandMike08

JennandMike08
                • 166 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

Thanks ladies. I need the encouragement right now.

#9 SusieQ

SusieQ
                  • 1,603 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

Ok!! If we were close enough, we'd all be driving over with a couple bottles of wine and we'd be sitting down and hashing this out and verbally beating your FI to bits and anyone else that pisses you off right now. You'd be totally convinced that this is total poop and you don't deserve this BS. Yeah we'd be cursing sailors by the end of the evening. Hang in there hun!!!!!!

#10 shellk

shellk
                    • 1,784 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

im am soo sorry i don,t know what to say and whatever i say wont make it go away.try and keep your chin up and keep in the back of your mind your big day will come just not yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users