Photo

For those of you who addressed your invitations by hand...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jk1101

jk1101
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:35 AM

I only have 22 invitations so doing it by hand isn't too big of a deal.
    I have very nice handwriting but I am so worried about messing up or going too far over to the right.

Any tips on how you made sure they came out right? I did get a few extras just in case!

#2 autjo

autjo
    • 2,182 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

I am too OCD to address things by hand so I downloaded a a script font from dafont.com and ran the envelopes through my printer. I actually had several people ask me who nad addressed my invites. I laughed because I thought they were kidding but they seriously thought the addresses were hand written - lol!

Sorry this doesn't help you, but good luck with the invites!!

#3 Krista_H

Krista_H
      • 428 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

I wouldn't trust myself to do them by hand, but I guess if I did I would have the correct spelling/names, etc right beside so I'm just copying exactly.

#4 ChelseaRose

ChelseaRose
        • 139 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

Good for you for being confident to do them yourself! I would put a dot at the very center of the envelope by using a ruler and then you can either start from the middle and work out each side or you can just estimate it from there. You could put a few points if you really wanted. Good luck!

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

I got a calligrapher from etsy as I was too nervous...she was awesome and not that expensive.

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:52 PM

sorry, no help as my writing is worse than a doctor, BUT i love your kitty siggy, your kitty looks just like my kitty girl! soooooo cute!

sorry, that was really and truly not helpful at all, i just couldnt help it :)

#7 SusieQ

SusieQ
            • 1,603 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:21 PM

I have pretty decent hand writing and i had 50 invites, wrote them all my hand. I quess I am either tacky or crazy lol.... I just could not be bothered with try to set the printer up to print them properly. Oh so i guess I am actually "LAZY". lol

#8 Sloan

Sloan
              • 1,279 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:38 PM

I hand did all our invites (~ 75 of 'em) I used a ruler and my hand writing has been compared to that of a computer.. haha I have a bit of OCD I think.

#9 *Karla*

*Karla*
                • 4,854 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by autjo
                  I am too OCD to address things by hand so I downloaded a a script font from dafont.com and ran the envelopes through my printer. I actually had several people ask me who nad addressed my invites. I laughed because I thought they were kidding but they seriously thought the addresses were hand written - lol!

Sorry this doesn't help you, but good luck with the invites!!
                  I did the same thing!

#10 jk1101

jk1101
                  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Abbie
                    sorry, no help as my writing is worse than a doctor, BUT i love your kitty siggy, your kitty looks just like my kitty girl! soooooo cute!

sorry, that was really and truly not helpful at all, i just couldnt help it :)
                    I actually also have an orange kitty that matches yours : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users