Photo

MIL Majorly Messed Up Invitations... Help!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Queenie77

Queenie77
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for the support ladies! I appreciate the chance to talk to people who understand what a mess this is. New developments... still no apology call to us. Just a text. She hasn't bothered to call the doctor's office to apologize or explain about the 300 calls they'll be receiving. She also failed to put that this is an adult event on the invite, so people are now using our site to RSVP, but then calling me because there's no space to add their children (which should be a hint to them.) The family's property is wooded, with a pool, a pond, a lake and a fire pit area... lots of hazards for little ones at night. She also failed to note this is an outdoor event in October, and that dress should be casual, yet warm - it's chilly at night in Indiana during October! UGH!

#12 *tanga*

*tanga*
    • 140 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:40 AM

There is nothing worse than dodgy diy. Can you whip up some vista print postcards or something? Good luck....

#13 KarenM

KarenM
      • 1,920 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:09 AM

Ugh! How frustrating!! I'm sorry this is happening to you guys!
        I like the Vista Print idea - maybe make up a post card with the correct rsvp #, the fact that it's adults only, & tips about the Oct weather/dress (& anything else she left off). And maybe DH can get his dad to pony up for the additional postage since his wife screwed this up in the first place.

Or, you could send out an email to everyone although that would require you getting all of 300 email addresses, which might take a while.

good luck with everything!!

#14 sunset78

sunset78
        • 1,280 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

It is nice of them to throw the AHR, but they are making for themselves instead of thinking of you guys and that really sucks.

I would definitely have your hubsband speak to them and ask to be involved since it's about the celebration party of your marriage.

Just the whole situation of what is being done is not right.

#15 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
          • 5,078 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:58 PM

That would just make me so angry!

This is tough situation because they're paying for your reception but I hate it when parents decide that the party is their party, not their kid's party.

Your husband should talk to her and get this mess straightened out.

#16 brandynd

brandynd
            • 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear about this! Hopefully you can get a correction letter sent out to your guests, and somebody will call the doctors office and apologize.
              There is no better gift that can be given than the gift of ones self.

#17 khomac

khomac
              • 380 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

Invites: I like the Vista print idea. They actually do have some elegant designs on there. It could be titled "Reminders about . . ." or something appropriate.

Party: I love planning parties and when my MOH wouldn't let me give input about my shower, I was frustrated. I'm a laid back country girl, and she wanted classy & sophisticated. She did foot the bill. To my surprise, it was nice to just show up and not have to worry about anything. Yes she did a nice job and it looked great (not how I would have done it), but in the end, it was still nice. If it's really important to you, I would approach her myself. Say you'd really appreciate giving input as this is your one and only wedding. Tell her you love planning things, and it means alot to you to at least have a say.

In the end, relax. Enjoy the event, and talk about it with your close friends and us here on BDW.

I actually as a guest, I think it would be hilarious if I called the doctors office to reply to a wedding lol. As the bride . . . no so funny!!! I'd be pissed too. We're all with you girl!
                Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#18 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                • Banned
                • 3,639 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

Sorry this has happened to you hun. I know its more money than you want to spend. But I would also whip up a quick postcard on like visaprint.com or zazzle.com and get those sent out ASAP and say a formal invitation will follow with ALL the correct info.

#19 meldal101010

meldal101010
                  • 444 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:45 AM

Thats unacceptable!! Its your special time and I agree with some of the other girls on here that your husband should talk with her. I would be so PO'd!! Sorry you have to go through this and I hope it all works out for you!!

#20 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
                    • 202 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:54 AM

Awe! I'm so sorry that your having these issues!! I agree that your FI needs to go do the dirty work and talk to his Dad. Good Luck. Let me know how you make out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users