What are you doing for centerpieces?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 AJandNate2010

AJandNate2010
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

Hello Ladies!
    I just realized that I don't have centerpieces for my destination wedding. What are you doing for centerpieces? Are you taking items down with you? I want to stay away from flowers since they are quite expensive. We're not doing the seashell theme either so I'm just trying to get an idea of what you guys are doing.
    Thanks!!
    AJ
    http://ticker.7910.o....1hcnJpZWQh.gif

Final guest count... 63 adults and 10 kids!!

#2 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
    • 2,754 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

Try looking here:

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t9012

#3 SusieQ

SusieQ
      • 1,603 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:33 PM

I am doing paperlanterns for the tables, their white and i have a friend that is painting aqua blue daisies on them... I am lighting the with LeD tealites

#4 mswhatever

mswhatever
        • 475 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SusieQ
          I am doing paperlanterns for the tables, their white and i have a friend that is painting aqua blue daisies on them... I am lighting the with LeD tealites
          I think this is a great idea. I would love to see pics when they are done.

#5 torywedd

torywedd
          • 169 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

i am creating my own centerpieces, that i am going to ship down to the hotel, so they will be there once we arrive.........i am going to use silk flowers for my centerpieces......

#6 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
            • 190 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

I am thinking tealight candles and rose petals, nothing too fancy, but just adding a little touch. But I could change my mind as it gets closer and the more I look into reception ideas.

#7 Flasong

Flasong
              • 340 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:08 PM

Def. check out that thread at the top of the page which has almost 300 posts. I was just planning on doing floral centerpieces but you are right, they are more pricey. I guess I just did not want the hassle of lugging more stuff down there

#8 islandbride317

islandbride317
                • 1,866 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

I'm not planning to do centerpieces for our actual wedding in Jamaica (we only expect a very small number of guests, so I may change my mind on that), but for our AHR, I want to do something candle-based, with flower petals (instead of a huge floral arrangement).

That way, you still can incorporate flowers, but not spend a fortune! Oh, and I agree, you should check out that thread Ginalyn recommended....awesome ideas there!

#9 AJandNate2010

AJandNate2010
                  • 58 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for all of the advice! I'm running out of time and have to make some decisions :)
                    http://ticker.7910.o....1hcnJpZWQh.gif

Final guest count... 63 adults and 10 kids!!

#10 Sheree10

Sheree10
                    • 1,026 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

Flowers are beautiful but I decided against them early on. They would be wasted since no one can take them home. If we have a small number of guests maybe I'll spluge on a few centerpieces. Our resort has an option of lanterns which is what we may go with. I was thinking about candle centerpieces but Aruba is known for being windy so that's not a option.
                      http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users