Photo

Getting a copy of your Jamaica Marriage Certificate

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

I have yet to receive my certificate from the website or from the resort, and we got married on June 19th! This is a little frustrating.
    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#42 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:18 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jamaica0619
      I have yet to receive my certificate from the website or from the resort, and we got married on June 19th! This is a little frustrating.
      Hang in there... I got married in May, started this thread in September, and didn't get my papers from the Registrar's website until December 14th, so don't give up yet!!

#43 Sloan

Sloan
      • 1,279 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by breeze616
        Holy Schmoly... not looking forward to this process!! Hopefully I can do the name change with the official copy here in Canada...
        You need the original cert. for all that fun name change stuff in Canada, but my cert. came in like 5 or 6 weeks.

#44 MrsC-to-Be

MrsC-to-Be
        • 78 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

Hi Everyone..I am a newbie, recently engaged. I am a little confused on the process. are you actually legally married by the Jamiaican terms? I always thought these kinds of weddings meant you really are there just for the ceremony, all your official docs are done back home in the US/etc?

#45 kimmnjay

kimmnjay
          • 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

What is the copy that you get when you get married there...i left Jamaica with a wedding certificate...did anyone else? Is this not the one that we need? I am confused someone help lol....Is there a certified copy or something we are suppose to wait for? I didnt even think to ask before I left what kind of wife am I lol

#46 Geralyn

Geralyn
            • 2,677 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MrsC-to-Be
              Hi Everyone..I am a newbie, recently engaged. I am a little confused on the process. are you actually legally married by the Jamiaican terms? I always thought these kinds of weddings meant you really are there just for the ceremony, all your official docs are done back home in the US/etc?
              You are legally married in the US if you get married in JA...that marriage license is acceptable here....I know Mexico it is not...not sure about other places...you have to check

#47 kimmnjay

kimmnjay
              • 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:57 PM

ok i thought so..but then i was told what i got was good enough....guess i just keep my own name a little longer...thanks for the info

#48 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
                • 333 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

Wow, I didn't realize that process took so long. I wonder why. I'm bookmarking this page incase this happens to us this summer. Thanks for sharing ladies.
                  ~Christina~

#49 Pastryqueen_Tanya

Pastryqueen_Tanya
                  • 417 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

I am hoping mine does not take so long...thanks for the link!

#50 CherylMc

CherylMc
                    • 211 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:16 AM

Hello - does anyone know the Marriage Officer’s Last Name for the weddings at the RIU - Ocho Rios

thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users