Getting a copy of your Jamaica Marriage Certificate

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

Hi Jamaica Brides,

I just wanted to share this link for those who want to rush a copy of your wedding certificate:

Registrar General's Department - Marriage Application

It's been more than 3 months since our wedding, and the previous wedding coordinator is gone... and no reply from the new one, so we decided to give this a try so we can go forward with getting our paperwork together, name change, etc.

Will let you know how long their 7-10 day service takes!

#2 josee

josee
    • 217 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:50 AM

Thanks for sharing. Please keep us posted.

#3 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

Keep us posted on how long it takes. thanks for sharing
        July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#4 ClintsGurl09

ClintsGurl09
        • 660 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for sharing!! Made sure I booked marked the link.

#5 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
          • 475 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for posting this and keep us posted. It has been 2 1/2 months since we got married. I figured I would give it another month to see if it shows up. We got married at RMB once the new coordinators started, but I still don't have a lot of faith.

While I'm in no rush - I don't plan to change my name until next year. We have a few international trips planned in the coming months and do not want to have to rush my passport, it would be nice to have the marriage certificate
            Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#6 KathleenandDan

KathleenandDan
            • 245 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

Thanks for the link. I am starting to get alittle impatient with this process. I got married in July and still don't have my certicate either. You have been waiting long than I.

I am gonna also fill this out this week and see what happens. They need to speed up their processing. This is crazy!
              http://tickers.Ticke....da94/event.png

http://www.tickerclu.../808245ee9d.png 18 booked and us makes 20!!!! JULY 17, 2009 Kathleen and Dan

#7 Sloan

Sloan
              • 1,279 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:02 AM

I wonder what the trouble is? There's another thread about the ROR brides mot getting their wedding certs either. We got married in April and got our cert in 6 weeks. Hope you girls get yours soon!

#8 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                • 813 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

Yeah, we are going on 5 months soon....but we finally got confirmation (FWIW...we will see if it comes) that our certificates were sent DHL on Monday. Apparently, the Jamaican government is behind...but then why are some getting theirs faster than others? I think it might have a little to do with the WCs too.

#9 Sloan

Sloan
                  • 1,279 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by drbrainfreeze
                    Yeah, we are going on 5 months soon....but we finally got confirmation (FWIW...we will see if it comes) that our certificates were sent DHL on Monday. Apparently, the Jamaican government is behind...but then why are some getting theirs faster than others? I think it might have a little to do with the WCs too.
                    Wow. 5 months, that's just crazy.

#10 RAMSGIRL

RAMSGIRL
                    • 14 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

I got married August 14th and I was told we would have our certificate in a few weeks. I will wait a few weeks more and I may have to use the form also...5 months? Wow....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users