MAC Cosmetics in Playa

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 jesmcan

jesmcan
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone used the MAC Cosmetics store on 5th in playa to get their wedding make up done?
    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#2 D&ESept2009

D&ESept2009
    • 317 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

No, but I was thinking about it. I bought MAC lashes and need them applied as well as a replica of my trial run at the MAC store.

#3 jesmcan

jesmcan
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:40 PM

ya I am going to do the same I think

#4 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
        • 1,114 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Oooh, I didn't even think of this, but what a GREAT idea! Thanks- I think I'll do the same!
          Married to my BEST FRIEND!
          July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
          Non-Pro Pics:
          http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
          Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#5 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
          • 590 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

Depending on how far your resort is from PDC, might not be such a great idea. Travel to and from MAC in the heat and humidity could really be damaging to you makeup. As much as I love MAC, I'd prefer to get my makeup done in the AC of my suite or at the resorts spa. Something to think about girls.

#6 queena427

queena427
            • 65 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

Love this idea. I didn't even know there was a MAC store in Playa. I'm getting my lashes done before I go because I'm getting individual lashes done that last about 2 weeks, but it's good to know I can get my makeup done at MAC. I wonder if MAC would send a makeup artist to your suite. Maybe they will for an extra fee.

#7 BlieLena

BlieLena
              • 41 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

I was thinking about this too! If anyone has had their makeup done there please let us know pricing etc... :)

#8 jesmcan

jesmcan
                • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hi ladies,

Ok so I did find out that they will send someone to your room :) you can also pay for a trial. I am going down this November for a site visit and will get all the rates and details. But if anyone else finds out before than pleeeasseeee post for the rest of us :)

Also on the humidity factor and walking from MAC back to the room I have had my make up done by MAC for a wedding where it was almost 100 degrees!! and it was so humid. The make up lasted perfectly the whole day. They actually have special long lasting make up for different climates. It is more expensive but I think totally worth it. I think it might be fun to get pics with bm's walking through down town. I think it also depends though on the time factor.

Sofiya you are right it may also be nice to sit in my ac room with champagne and croissants hahaha :)

#9 SandalGirl

SandalGirl
                  • 109 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:19 PM

What a super idea! Do you think you'd have to pay for a pass for someone like that to come in?
                    March 4, 2010 ~ Mayan Riviera, Mexico
                    http://robynplanningbio.weebly.com/

#10 Danielle77

Danielle77
                    • 200 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

I am interedested in what their rates would be to come to the resort. I am going to MAC to learn how to do my make up for the weding but I would love to have someone do iy for me on the day of the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users