Photo

New Yorkers?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Geralyn

Geralyn
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

Lived in Brooklyn for the last 2 years now I'm back in Long Island where I'm originally from...just moved last weekend

#22 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
    • 340 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:06 PM

I live in Jersey, but I was born in SI and my dad's family is all over Brooklyn. We're getting married on the Carnival Miracle out of Manhattan :-)

#23 karenk77

karenk77
      • 369 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

Yea thankfully we were able to do a site visit..because had we not we prob would have picked the RIU palace since we loved the one in riviera maya so much and would have been blindsighted..and the majestic from the pics wouldnt be one I would ever consider but in life was so much nicer...so im happy we were able to do that..I think my fiance was willing to do anything for me to stop showing him more pictures of sites, and just shut me up lol..i was like going between barbados, then bahamas..then aruba..u name the place I had a resort found there lol.
        for those a little less confused and more decisive..you dont have to do the visit..im sure they are all beautiful..I just love the name dreams..i told him before even looking at the resorts pictures i wanted to do dreams because i love the way it would sound on an invitation..he said i was nuts and that was the end of that lol

#24 giraffexx

giraffexx
        • 498 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:49 PM

Congrats all on your engagements! I'm from Forest Hills. I'm looking to get married November 2010, I am still trying to decide on a resort. It's way more difficult than I expected, there are so many choices! Right now my top 2 picks are the Fairmont Mayakoba or The Royal Playa del Carmen. Any advice welcomed.

#25 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

How did I miss this thread back in the day??

We were in Manhattan until just before the wedding - now out in the 'burbs on Long Island.

We got married at the Paradisus RM. So amazing!!

We should have another NY area get-together. It's been too long!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#26 stevensFiance

stevensFiance
          • 164 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by giraffexx
            Congrats all on your engagements! I'm from Forest Hills. I'm looking to get married November 2010, I am still trying to decide on a resort. It's way more difficult than I expected, there are so many choices! Right now my top 2 picks are the Fairmont Mayakoba or The Royal Playa del Carmen. Any advice welcomed.
            The Royal is Gorgeous! Im getting married at the Royal in Cancun, just because he proposed there, otherwise we wouldve went with the one in PDC
            He asked, I said YES!!! 1 <3 21 <3 04 - 5 <3 13 <3 08

#27 vdaybride

vdaybride
            • 1,412 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:26 AM

Hello, Manhattan girl here, I hope all of you are enjoying the planning process and those of you who have tied the knot.. CONGRATS!!!
              Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#28 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
              • 762 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:45 AM

I kinda live in NYC-- I feel like I live at the airport because I am a flight attendant for Jetblue out of JFK. I stay in Kew Gardens a lot, but actually physically live in Wisconsin.

#29 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
                • 310 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

Staten Island Girl here!!

NO I did not look for places on the island or near here, bc living in NY is great but very pricey!
                  Also, My fiance owns an entertainment company in SI and has been Djing Weddings for 15 years now. 1 year of prep., 5 hrs, and then it is all overrr... We decided a destination wedding was best for us...a week with our friends and family to celebrate and not just 5 hrs!
                  24 Rooms Booked!

#30 tiffandmarv

tiffandmarv
                  • 361 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

FI and I are both born and raised NYers (we are both from Queens). We live in MD now though. All the family is still in NY so I am still there very often. My second home is the NJ Turnpike! :)
                    http://tickers.Ticke....95d6/event.png

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users