Photo

Wedding Party Dresses Dilema

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jmiranda

jmiranda
  • 697 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

From the start I decided that I wanted my bridemaids to chose their style for the dress. We went around to stores to look for dresses but nothing was appealing to them or myself so we decided to have the dresses made. I had gone to a lady that does custom embroidery about 2 months ago and she stated that she would be able to make the dresses for us.

This is where it goes downhill. My bridemaids and I went on Sunday for the measurements. I showed her the color of the dress and she states that she doesnt have it and that she doubts she will find it at the store. She clearly had it when I went to talk to her 2 months ago!!!

Then my bridemaids one by one showed her the picture of the dress they wanted. Can you believe that she complained about each and every single style. She was saying that they were to difficult to make. When I met with her 2 months ago she kept telling me that she has 30 years in the business and who knows what other bs.

Well long story short....she was going to go to the fabric store to see if she could find the color and she will let me know Monday which was yesterday. To no surprise she didnt find it.

Plan B I had my MOH(my sister) go to another lady that my mom and my godmother know. She was amazing and she knew exactly what to do and was very helpful.

The greatest news of all is that my godmother called me last night and told me the best news ever!!! SHE IS PAYING FOR ALL THE BRIDEMAIDS DRESSES AS A GIFT TO ME AND JR!!! I am so excited.

I have always believed that THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON

#2 Sheree10

Sheree10
    • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

I hope it all works out with the dresses. I haven't started looking for Bm dresses- I need to get my own first...lol. Great news that your godmother will be paying for the dresses. People always come thru when you least expect it.
      http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#3 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
      • 291 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:43 PM

I'm so happy that everything worked out well for you!

I got stressed just reading the first part of your story - you must have been furious!

Great to see your good karma coming back to you! :)

#4 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
        • 2,754 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

That is wonderful news! Things do happen for a reason...you are lucky to have such a loving godmother

#5 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

that's an amazing gift! and how nice that your BMs will have custom dresses!

#6 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
            • 653 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

That's awesome!
              Must've been such a relief!

#7 Jefiner

Jefiner
              • 119 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

I am glad to hear it all worked out in your favour!!

#8 *Karla*

*Karla*
                • 4,854 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

Thing do have a way of working themselves out What an awesome gift, I hope the dresses turn out just as you want them!

#9 tracyann

tracyann
                  • 189 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

It's wonderful that it all worked out-- and what a wonderful gift!

#10 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
                    • 178 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

That's an awesome gift - much better than anything you could register for!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users