Photo

In a dilemma - need your opinion!!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:23 PM

wow that is pretty rude and totally random...I agree with everyone else that you should tell her you can't do it so she can go show up at some other 'friends' house to ask them. Good luck :-)

#12 taimeaka16

taimeaka16
    • 205 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

Okay...I agree with the other ladies, just call and tell her simply that you can't do it . Its kind of like she just used you as a last resort! I mean you are just receiving your invite NOW and she just so happens to ask a request like that from you....Hopefully everything works out :)

#13 poohshek

poohshek
      • 1,456 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:45 AM

This bride-to-be acquaintance of yours will have to ask someone else to be her MC. Interesting thing is why didn't she ask other invited guests? I would think they know the bride and groom better since they were invited and you are NOT on the A or B but C list! It is pretty tacky she gave you the invitation after the RSVP date and also asked you to take on such a big role at the same time. You may already have plans and can't attend the wedding.

Best thing is to decline ASAP and say "I am honored that you ask but I don't think I can take on this role and planning my own wedding at the same time".

#14 sweetiekris

sweetiekris
        • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

Cancel now before it gets too close she just asked u and you were put on the spot just say that you thought it over more and think its too much/

#15 tracyann

tracyann
          • 189 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

WOW-- I would not be able to do it- I don't like feeling like I am an afterthought or being used and regardless of the reason, that is how I would feel (sorry if that is mean to say, but that is my impression).

Also, maybe it is different in different places, but all of the weddings we have been to the DJ is the MC- and that is a Vendor, not a guest- was she wanting someone just to say a few nice words, or be a MC for the night?

I would just let her know that you won't be able to attend and leave it at that.

Tracy

#16 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
            • 291 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

I totally agree with the other girls.

I think it was appropriate for her to come round and give you the invitation - especially considering how obious it was that you were 'B' list invites!

But no way ask you to be such a vital part of the reception at such short notice. Its really rude, and to me, it would kinda feel like the only reason you got the invite was so that she could get you to MC.

Surely her fiance must have a mate who likes the sound of his own voice? :)

#17 Kristin_And_Stewart

Kristin_And_Stewart
              • 153 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

Wow!! That takes some nerve! I agree with everyone else...politely decline. She can find someone else, its odd she wouldn't ask someone in the wedding party, or a family member...

#18 big3n09

big3n09
                • 616 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

I agree I would kindly decline. I would be honest and let her know that it seems that you were a last resort and that it was rude to ask you the way she did. Let her know that your just not feeling it!
                  4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#19 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                  • 4,512 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:18 AM

Mrs.Hockey - I agree with the advice that the other girls already gave so I won't bother going into that, but I'm curious if you have an update for us? What did you decide to do?
                    *Formerly Nikki07*
                    My Planning Thread

#20 hsims1

hsims1
                    • 356 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

Wow. The nerve of some folks. I agree with everyone else, cancel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users