Is this dress appropriate for a Cancun weddning?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 KittenHeart

• 3,103 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

I need your advice and honest opinions...

I fell in love with a dress, a dress I'm suprised I even picked out and tried on because it was completely opposite of what I was looking for.

I orginally wanted a simple sheath, sweetheart neckline, natural waste, fabric flower detail, pretty and flowy. I am having such a hard time finding this style in stores to try on to even know how it looks on me that I have been trying everything else under the sun with no success... until now.

I love the more modern/vintage look which is this dress, very art deco and structured, I love it. I plan on having a pretty vintage updo with a birdcage veil and a flower or pretty clip.

I'm getting married on the Sky Deck (not actually on the sand) and reception is on a terrace looking out to the ocean so I may be able to get away with this glamorous look but my mom and a few bridesmaids don't think so.

Tell me what you think...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I have another appt at the salon to try on this dress again for the designer as he will be there! That's a lot of pressure, I don't want to buy this because the moment is right, I need to make sure it works.

This dress bustled up looks FABULOUS as well, which is the plan.

Thank you all!

#2 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
    • 436 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

Can you take some pictures in it?? It's gorgeous!

#3 NaM

• 2,256 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

I think it's fabulous!! Not something you see everyday. If you love it GO FOR IT!!! Just because your wedding is in Cancun doesn't mean there is a dress code

#4 big3n09

• 616 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

I LOve iT!!!
          4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#5 koolatta

• 321 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

I think it is beautiful! Love it!

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#6 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

I think its FANTASTIC!!! I think there is no such thing as "not appropriate" for a DW. If you love it and looks great on you then go for it!!

#7 KittenHeart

• 3,103 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

I'm glad to hear that you guys like it so far! :) I was going to get the neckline a little more "sweethearted" too I think... the stupid store I tried it on at wouldn't let me take pictures =/

I'll give you an idea of what i look like... I'm blonde (unlike my photo avitar), tall & curvy. 5'7 & size 6 in a wedding dress, 4 street size. I plan on wearing heels as well.

#8 meghan

• 832 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

For sure you can wear that on the sky deck!!! Lots of brides having DWs have glamorous dresses....I dont think it matters where you get married, you can wear whatever you want.

#9 pepper55

• 90 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

It's your day, wear what is going to make you feel beautiful!!

#10 JulieG

• VIP Member
                    • 8,323 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

I think its stunning and I also think that you should have whatever dress you love no matter where you get married. Its YOUR wedding, the dress should be the dress of your dreams and that is that. So if you love it, I totally think you should get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users