What day of the week are you getting married?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 **~Linda~**

• 1,326 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:10 PM

Saturday is definitely the "day" for a wedding that said ours is on a Sunday because the monday after is a holiday. It was also cheaper to do the wedding Sunday since we didn't meet the quota of the beach club we decided to go with of people per plate we would've had to pay an extra 10% if we went with Saturday.

#62 creoletexan

• 220 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

We were having our renewal of vows on July 3, 2010 anyways, it just so happened to fall on a Saturday.

#63 tdotey

• 185 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

We wanted a specific date and it happened to fall on Sat so that was easy!

July 13, 2012

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

95 booked inclding bride and groom!

#64 jenninjamaica

• 547 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:18 PM

We chose June 1 (my FI said he'd remember our anniversary that way!) so that just happens to be a Tuesday. But it works, its in the middle of our trip, so our guests have time before and after to do their own thing!

#65 adridashanne

• 66 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

Originally I had wanted a Saturday, but the resort I we are getting married at will only hold Catholic ceremonies in the chapel Mon-Fri (excluding Tues)...I'm actually happy about it changing to Friday... like YaelM said, the guests will have Saturday to relax if the choose to leave on Sunday.
            ~ Wedding in Tulum at the Grand Palladium resort on JUNE 17, 2011 ~

#66 luciel2820

• 474 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

We wanted it to be October 20th wish is our dating anniversary but fell on a Wednesday, It would've been easy to take time off work but not off school for most of my friends, so we changed to the following Sat and most people are just going thurs-sunday

#67 JaimeandBrandon

• 370 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

We would have loved to have done 10-10-10 (Sunday) but we decided to do a cruise wedding and get married in port... we couldn't tell the cruise line to land in Puerto Vallarta on 10-10-10 so we settled for 10-13-10 (Wednesday), :-) which is when the ship will be in Puerto Vallarta and then we will get married on the beach of Las Caletas!!

#68 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

We are getting married on a Thursday. I picked Thursday because almost everyone is travelling Saturday to Saturday so this way guests have a full day to rest and recuperate before they have to travel home.

#69 Snickers

• 193 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

We are getting married on a Thursday. We fly in on the Sunday and have to be there 3 business days before we can get married per the resort so Thursday it is!

#70 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:42 PM

definitely on a saturday. we are doing that for the people who will only be down for about 3 days. everybody won't be taking 2-3 weeks vacation with me. lol
                      If I would decided to have an at home wedding I would have the wedding on friday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users