Photo

What day of the week are you getting married?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#11 jk1101

jk1101
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:09 PM

Saturday for me as well, since my guest will be coming for a long weekend ( I hope)!

#12 emme

emme
    • 382 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

We're getting married on Thursday.

Originally, it was going to be Friday because our charter package (flight/hotel) was Sunday to Sunday...but...things were changed and now our group goes from Saturday to Saturday. We had the wedding changed to the day before so that way people didn't have to worry getting up and being in a rush to leave after a night of fun.
      http://tickers.Ticke....d6f6/event.png

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

#13 Sloan

Sloan
      • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nikki07
        The was I look at it, eveyday is Saturday while on vacation :)
        LOL. Im on the same wavelength. We got married on a Thursday, but everyday felt like Saturday.

#14 MissBlade

MissBlade
        • 70 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

We chose our wedding weekend based on 2011 US Holidays so it would be easy for people to get time off. It's president's day weekend but we choose Sunday instead of Saturday only because the date seemed more rememberable 2/20/2011 rather than 2/19/2011. Sunday also makes sense in case there are guest who can't take extra days. They could come down on Saturday, wedding on Sunday, and leave on Monday.

#15 sperger

sperger
          • Banned
          • 474 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

We are getting married on a Friday - originally I wanted saturday too, but my time on Saturday was 2 pm, and there was possibly another wedding. Friday I got 4 pm, which is a little later, which i wanted, and i'm the only bride that day.

#16 adelaide

adelaide
            • 200 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

We chose Thursday because April 1st happens to be a Thursday in 2010 :)

#17 Glamourina

Glamourina
              • 198 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

Most of our guests are staying for about a week and half, so I chose monday as it was in the middle of the trip for them :)

#18 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
                • 279 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

we chose Thursday, just because i dont want the Saturday wedding rush.

#19 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

We got married the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. I originally wanted Sunday, but they don't do weddings on Sundays in St. Lucia. Many guests went Thursday-Monday.

#20 JOSIE

JOSIE
                    • 1,792 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

we're doing the traditonal thing and making it a Saturday.....mainly because thanksgiving is the thursday before our wedding so people could technically have a 3 night 4 day vacation without taking off any work which was a big deal to us :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users