Are table numbers and assigning seats needed?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 VioletVol

• 151 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

I definitely do not think it is necessary. I think you get to do whatever you want, its your day, but for me that's part of having a destination wedding is that everything is more laid back.

#12 koolatta

• 321 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for your help guys. I dont think I need them but my immediate family wants to be sure to have the seats closest to us. Do you think it would be ok if I just put reserved on the table for our immediate family?

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#13 azulskies

• 1,131 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:06 PM

I don't think the group is big enough to really worry about it, especially if you don't mind where everyone sits. I've also seen some people use place cards solely for parents and the bridal party & then the rest of the seats be free for all.

#14 Rachel&Chris2011

• 183 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

for a small party you are better off letting them sit wherver and work it out on their own

#15 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

I had 24 people at our wedding and I did not bother.  Everyone was able to work it out very easily from what I was told.  After we arrived at the reception the photographers "borrowed" us for a couple of sunset pictures.  But, our parents told us that it was no big deal.  Everyone just grabbed seats. 

I wouldn't worry about it.  But, if you feel you really need to, I would try a DIY project.  I used sand dollars as placecards for my AHR and people throught they were really cute.

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#16 JKL_WeddingMexico

• 130 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

We have 35 guest coming. We are having a U-shaped table so we are just having some reserved signs for immediate family and then placecards for everybody else.

#17 Mrs.S2B

• 169 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

We're having 60 or more people for our DW.  We are not doing assigned seating for our welcome dinner since it's beach BBQ and super casual, but I think we will for the wedding.  I think it makes it easier and makes it more formal.  What do you think?

#18 Ellabaja1983

• 1,541 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

For a small group I don't think it's necessary.  If your parents are worried about getting seats next to you, there is nothing wrong with doing "reserved" or "mother of the bride, father of the bride" kind of thing.  I think it will work itself out because of your small group!

Married the love of my life in April!!

#19 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

Not a must, unless your resort requires it for serving dinner. I would check with them first, and if they're not required and you don't feel like making/buying them, then don't bother unless it's an accent you would like to have.

Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                    Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                    Leftover Wedding Items FS:

#20 Kendall

• 234 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

I have about 25 guests coming as well an we aren't doing them.  I figured everyone can just figure out where to sit on their own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users