Are table numbers and assigning seats needed?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 koolatta

• 321 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:37 AM

I was just thinking that I have not even thought about seating arrangements. We have about 20 - 25 guests coming so do you think it is needed? Many are telling me its a waste of time and in part I agree being that it is a small wedding and people may feel more comfortable sitting with who they choose but at the same time I dont want people scrambling for seats or unsure of where to go? What do you think?

If I do need table 3#'s do you know of a place that is affordable (i am on a budget that is slowly falling apart..lol)

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#2 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

I had 21 guests and I did not bother with seating arrangements. Everyone worked it out without much fuss.
      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#3 J&MWedding

• 612 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

That's weird, I was just going to post a thread asking this same question!
        I'm probably looking at about 40 guests.
        That's only four tables still and I wasn't going to do seating assignments. But....maybe I should...? can't decide...

My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#4 jerzygirl85

• 342 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

I wouldn't bother with it either.

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

#5 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,328 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

you only need them if you care about where everyone sits. if you don't care, i wouldn't bother with it

#6 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

If your group is that small, I wouldn't worry about it. We had +80 for dinner.... we had to.

#7 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

I don't think it matters too much... but if you want to do them, I'm sure you could find very affordable paper at a craft/supply store and DIY!

#8 mich999

• 386 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

We had 44 guests at one long table and we did placecards - I did not want to do table numbers. I generally think it's a good idea so people aren't confused or scrambling for a seat, but with a party of 20 it's probably not a big deal either way.

#9 Nora

• 87 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

I wouldn't bother. Most people move around to sit next to other people anyway. Depends on what kind of catering you're having. If you have people select dishes and the wait staff need to know where they're at then that's one thing. If you're having a buffet then not needed in my opinion.

Also, Michaels's craft store has a whole section for weddings :)

#10 egsarah

• 355 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

I don't think you need to. With a group that size it would probably be easier for them to just choose where they want to sit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users