How often do you change your bedsheets?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

I always wash them in hot water because in my head i feel like it kills more germs. not sure if its true. I do clean my comforter in cold though.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

Debs I've TOTALLY read that article about closing the lid before you flush, so I make FI do that ALL the time now! It grossed me out so much. It said that the fecal matter can "spray" up to 6 feet away!!! Ewwwwww! I also am pretty careful now with putting everything on our bathroom counter away if possible. It scared me so much I'll never forget it!

As for the sheets, I aim for every week but sometimes it's 10 days to 2 weeks before I change them. Whoopsies.

#13 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
      • 4,512 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Debs
        LOL, Abbs. I think they had recommended once a week, and wash in hot water, but I always wash in cold?
        Oh....I always wash my laundry in cold. Hmmmmm.
        *Formerly Nikki07*
        My Planning Thread

#14 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

i'm an every weekend girl too... but i'm curious to read that article... or maybe not!

#15 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,328 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

meh, i'm a 3 weeks to a month kinda gal.. i try to do it more but i forget. oh well, at least it's just our germs, not anyone else's!

#16 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
            • 247 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:21 PM

Im a weekly girl too. But when I do wash them I make sure they are in hot water, and do an extra spin too.. yeah I always tell FI to flush with the seat down too.

#17 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

I try to change mine once a week - hot water for sure!! If I get to two weeks I feel pretty gross, but it of course happens

#18 Ayita

Ayita
                • 861 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

I'm not good at this ! I change them usually every other week, like, I look at the bed and I think "ewwww" meaning it's already too late lol !

Always hot water though ! The hot water from here is actually not hot enough for me. With the top load machines, you can only chose "hot", "warm" and "cold. With front load you can chose the temprature, and I learnt since I'm a child that you should "boil" (ie use 90 degrees C / 210 F water) all body cloth - towels, linens, etc - to kill germs, get rid of little skin particules, etc. When I purchase linens of towels I always make sure I can use at least 60 degrees C water - ie 150 Fahrenheit. My next household investment will be a front load machine, for this and the happiness of finally not tearing my shirt apart with the nasty central stuff in the machine !

#19 Birdie07

Birdie07
                  • 1,218 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

I wash my sheets every weekend too.

I also heard about the toilet thing. It actually grosses me out to use public restrooms b/c there is no lid. So I try to stand by the door and use my foot and then run? Haha! I'm weird. It is gross to think about. I clean everything once a week except daily stuff like dishes. But that way I tend to think its not as dirty. Sunday is our cleaning day. We clean everything.

About the hot water thing...I use only cold. I figure the heat of the dryer will clean anything that didn't make it. But I can't justify using hot water when it takes so much more energy to heat it. Oh well.

#20 Amarillis

Amarillis
                    • 1,913 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

I too change them every weekend, and in the guest room -- after every guest leaves -- I always tell my guests not to fuss with the bed on the day they are leaving -- and strip the bed. I couldn't imagine sleeping in sheets that were second hand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users