How often do you change your bedsheets?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Debs

Debs
  • VIP Member
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

So I was reading an article on MSN lifestyle that went into gory details about the dirtiest areas of your house, and the bedsheets came up as one. Of course mites are always at the top of the list, but they went into gory detail about fecal matter and other "bodily secretions"

EWW.

So I thought I'd ask how many times you change your sheets usually! Cause it really grossed me out!

#2 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
    • 4,512 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

Ewwww that's nasty!! I change mine once a week but if I read that article I would probably want to change them daily lol!
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#3 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

Im a weekly girl but I so want to read this article from msn.

#4 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

I wash the sheets every weekend. Is that enough? Ewww the article has me freaked out. How often did the article say to wash the sheets?

#5 Debs

Debs
        • VIP Member
        • 7,104 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

I'm trying to find the article, but I was reading it on a friend's computer and now I can't find it!

Oh there was tons of nasty stuff... Like when you poop you should close the lid when you flush because fecal matter gets sprayed up and can get on your toothbrush and comb and stuff. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:07 PM

ok. im the disgusting one, i honestly voted once a month (even tho its closer to every 3 weeks, deb you didnt give me that option!)

we only get 5 hours of sleep or so most nights of the week, so i average that our sheets dont get as dirty as most peoples! ha!

we are just so busy every day, that when it comes to remembering to change them, by the end of the day its all we can do to fall into bed and pass out, let alone the task/chore of making our huge ass bed.

i know. its gross. but we shower a lot, so that makes up for it, right?

#7 Debs

Debs
          • VIP Member
          • 7,104 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

LOL, Abbs. I think they had recommended once a week, and wash in hot water, but I always wash in cold?

#8 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

I used to change them weekly, but since Ella I forget all the time and its more like once a month now.

#9 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by tylersgirl
                I wash the sheets every weekend. Is that enough? Ewww the article has me freaked out. How often did the article say to wash the sheets?
                Ditto! every weekend!

#10 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

Abbie i'm a dirtball too! i dont want to read this article. i voted everyother week but its more like every 2-3 weeks. i'm not exact about the every other week. I dont even sleep in bed most of the time because i always fall asleep on the couch and than i dont want to wake dh up because he only sleeps for 5 hrs so i stay on the couch until he gets ready for work.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users