Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#211 muitoquerida

muitoquerida
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

i think the right thing to do is to pay for the dresses when you are having a destination wedding. I would be so unconfortable asking my bridesmaids to pay for their dresses. that's why i am only having two!  

#212 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
    • 396 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:58 AM

Im only having a MOH, Best man  and a flower girl/ring bearer. I told my MOH she can where whatever she wants, i have no color preference (just no black) or style preference. I want her to be as comforatble as she wants to be. I totally trust her taste. She will pay for her dress herself, because im sure it wont be a tradiotional BM dress, but something that that she will def were again.

#213 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
      • 277 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:02 PM

I'm considering paying for my maid of honors as an extra "gift" for her.  Of course the others wouldn't know.

I'd love to pay for all 3 but it can get pricey.  Still trying to figure it out.

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#214 echraide

echraide
        • 152 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

I'm not paying for my bridesmaids dresses, so I am being cost conscious when choosing the dress and also having them choose their own style as long as it is in the color I've chosen. I want them to feel good about the purchase, so it was important for me to let them have input. Everyone seems happy about the arrangement thus far

#215 Avens

Avens
          • 576 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

I'm giving my girls free reign on picking their dress (as long as its within the colours) so I don't think I'll pay for them, as they can spend as little or as much as they want! I am thinking I may try to recoup some of the costs once I know how much they all spent.

#216 SusanJeff2008

SusanJeff2008
            • 160 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

So hard to decide. Thank you to everyone that posted what they are doing. It helps.

#217 proti007

proti007
              • 467 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

We're paying for our bridesmaids dresses (4 bridesmaids, Amsale dresses ranging from $275-$350). They are paying for their alterations, jewelry, shoes, makeup, hair, etc. We are going to buy them a small gift (cute silk robes I found on Etsy). We wanted to try and minimize the cost because they are travelling for us, etc. We're also paying for groomsmen attire (Pants & Vest from J.Crew) and buying them cufflinks as a gift. So all in all, about $3000 budgeted for wedding party costs.

#218 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
                • 328 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

I'm going half on the dresses and making sure the price is something manageable in the first place so it'll seem like nothing to pay half. I couldn't have them come all that way and not help 'em out, you know? I selected the gown styles which are varying colors of turquoise and let them select the dress that worked for them (I wanted their dresses to mimic the one-shoulder style of my dress). For one of them, I'm not going half on. We made a deal that if she did the makeup for the bridal party (5 people) at a given rate, then she can pay for her dress. We're both happy with the arrangement. I think it depends on your budget and the friendship you have. I don't want money to interfere in our friendship in any way. I want them to feel that I care about their budget and the strain my wedding may put on them, which I do. I know they're my girls, my road-dawgs, and they're ecstatic for me, but gotta exercise wisdom with DWs...

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
                  Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#219 sonyaj

sonyaj
                  • 150 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:30 AM

I bought my MoH's dress, it was one of the first things I bought for the wedding. I'm only having 1 attendee so it's manageable for me to buy her dress.

#220 simba1234

simba1234
                    • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:21 AM

I don't think anything is set in stone.  Bridesmaids know that they typically have to pay for their own dresses so I don't think they would be alarmed. 

I paid for my bridesmaid dresses because I only had 3 of them and I found really pretty dresses that they all loved for $100 each which wasn't a budget breaker for me. I just felt bad because they were already paying for their flight, hotel, food,etc.. so their dresses was my gift to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users