Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#1 jawedding

jawedding
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

Hi!

I'm just wondering how many of you are paying for your bridesmaid's dresses and how many have bridesmaids who are footing the bill? Also - how much do the dresses cost, and how much of a say did your bridesmaids have in your choice?

My answers:

Dress costs $175, it was chosen by one of my bridesmaids (who tried on 5 that we chose together, and was REALLY excited about this one)
    Bridesmaids are paying for the dress, I am paying for alterations

I'm just wondering if I'm doing the wrong thing here.. should I be paying for the dresses? I know there is probably another thread on here, but I couldn't find one with a poll like this and I would really like to know what people think!

Thanks ladies!! :)
    33 People Booked!!

#2 JOSIE

JOSIE
    • 1,792 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

I think anything goes for DW... Bridesmaids are USED to paying for their dresses, so its not a big deal.

In my case, I AM paying for their dresses as a gift for how much they are spending to come to my wedding........however I found the dresses at JC Penny for $25 dollars and they all loved them! So it was a win-win :)

#3 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
      • Banned
      • 3,479 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

I am not paying for my bridesmaids dresses. I am still working on finding their dresses but the ones I really like so far are about $200, plus alterations. And it is totally normal for bridesmaids to pay for their dresses. I have never been in a wedding or attended a wedding where the bride bought the dresses. Granted it would be awesome if we could do it, but we just don't have the extra $$. And I have been in two of my bridesmaids weddings where I had to travel across the country plus buy my own dress, so atleast with my friends no one minds covering all the costs themselves. Plus I am getting them pretty rockin gifts and flying to Arizona to spend my bachelorette party with them all before the wedding.

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

I wish I could pay for theirs but I have 10 bridesmaids and I would be broke paying for all of them...the dresses range from $200-$300 each and they are footing the bill.

#5 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
          • 305 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:50 AM

I paid for my bridesmaid dresses as a gift. I only have 3 bridesmaids and the dresses were $125 each. I just figured they are spending so much money to travel for my wedding it's the least I could do. Totally not necessary though.
            http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
            [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#6 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
            • 609 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

I paid for my BMs dresses. I found them at Marshalls' for $40 and I only have 4 plus a jr. BM so it wasn't too bad. Some will need alterations thought that they will be paying for. I am also getting them a gift.

#7 jawedding

jawedding
              • 197 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

thank you all for the input! this makes me feel so much better!
                33 People Booked!!

#8 chloe55

chloe55
                • 162 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

I paid for my BM dresses. The main reason was because I didn't want traditional BM dresses and I was having a hard time getting all the girls on the same page. I found an ebay seller that had enough of the dresses we picked out in the right sizes, and they ended up being $100 a piece. The girls are responsible for getting any alterations that may need to be done though.

#9 sperger

sperger
                  • Banned
                  • 474 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

Mine are about $200, and I'm very strongly considering it

#10 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
                    • 307 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

I wish I could pay for mine as well, but I just can't! I've told them all not to get me any wedding present or anything. The dresses I've picked out are about $175. If I have extra money left over I might pay for them anyway, I have 3 bm and 2 jr bm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users