Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#111 Bunny121009

Bunny121009
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

Yes, just found out today that FI is going to have to buy his BM's linen suit because he cannot find one where he lives or at all for that matter (although I think it may have been a money issue too b/c of the cost of the trip on top of that too).

I am only having a MOH stand in. I have given her the option to find whatever dress she likes so long as it is solid in color and matches a swatch I have given her.

#112 affiwin

affiwin
    • 177 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

I have four BMs my sister, 2 nieces and my best friend. I am paying for the dresses because where I come from the bride/bride's family pays for the wedding including dresses. It's only in moving to America that I find BMs pay for their dresses. Having been a BM numerous times I swore that I'd pay for my BMs dresses cos every BM dress I've ever had has gone straight into the Salvation Army donation bag. No matter what a bride says you can never wear that stuff again.

#113 MObride09

MObride09
      • 186 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

I paid for my BM's dresses. There are only 2 of them and after all they are spending a great deal of $$$$ to be present at my DW so I felt it was the least I could do.. They were $135.00 each.
        We picked the dresses out together and of all they tried on, they both liked this particular one and felt the most comfortable in it, unfortunately it was also the one I was considering for my Legal Day because it came in ivory...but that's OK, I'll find something else!:)
        I'm also planning on getting gift bags for them, monogrammed Beach bags, a thermal mug, and money/key holder and maybe some other smaller items. They are both family so I want to spoil em a little....

#114 *Linds*

*Linds*
        • 5,776 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

I wish I could pay for mine, but with all the other expenses that I have, my girls are going to have to pick up the tab for the dresses. I am just trying to find something under $150 to keep their expenses as reasonable as possible..
          Loving married life! <3

#115 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

I paid for my BM's dresses. Its a part of my culture and we did get a good deal for all of them. .

#116 pjlisa

pjlisa
            • 19 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:30 AM

I'm paying for BM dress, shoes, jewelry and hair/makeup....

#117 Sheena.

Sheena.
              • 61 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

I felt weird asking my bridesmaids to pay for their dresses especially since they are coming all this way (its a cultural thing)- I have 5 bridesmaids coming from Ghana, England and LA, so I paid for them. I gave them a choice of 9 Bari Jay dresses in white and asked each of them to choose the one they wanted - they all picked the same one lol. This way it doubles up as a gift as well that they will hopefully wear later.

Here's the dress - its the long one in all white
                http://barijay.com/d...s/365-366bg.jpg

#118 chevy14

chevy14
                • 183 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

Originally I wasn't planning on buying the girls dresses, but we found the most amazing dress that all my BMs really love at a bridal show and I then found on Netbride for almost half the Cdn. price! I had been agonizing over what to get them as a gift when I finally decided that the best idea would be to just pay for their dresses! They all genuinely love them and can definitely wear them again, so it's a gift I think they will get use out of. The best part is they keep asking how much they owe me - they were measured and I ordered the dresses online - and I keep telling them we'll figure it all out later. I plan to have them boxed and wrapped and I can't wait to surprise them with the dress as a gift!!

#119 teshy1

teshy1
                  • 162 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:37 PM

My bridesmaids are paying for their dresses; however, they are quite reasonable at only $80 each. I plan on paying for the girls' hair and makeup at the resort. If we had chosen more expensive dresses, I probably would've picked up the tab, because I wouldn't feel right asking them to pay a lot for a dress they may only wear once, especially considering the money they're paying to travel to the DW...

#120 gettingmarried

gettingmarried
                    • 174 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:29 PM

I'm only having 2 bridesmaids so I decided to pay for them they were 195.00 each however they will have to pay for there own alterations. I thought that could be there gift along with getting there hair and make up done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users