Sign in to follow this  
jawedding

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRama View Post
I think we just got carried away. We really loved the dresses but no one really did the math. Rookie mistake! We've since discussed it and decided that they're just not worth the price (they're J.Crew cotton dresses) so we're sending them back. The good news is, we found the same dresses in an "end of season" color that are a fraction of the price! Crisis averted. :)
Phew! Glad it worked out for you!

I paid for their dresses and the GM's outfits too. I got the girls dresses for around $40, and I choose them however they all had a say and they all really liked them. I also got them a pashmenia for 3/$15 at Suzie Sheer, a necklaces for approx $5, and Earrings for $20. All in all I figured they are spending a lot to join us so I got them their outfits. I think I spent about $600 total on both the ladies and menâ€s outfits. I have 4 BM and $ GM.

KRama, I was totally going to say never order anything from jcrew without a coupon code/free shipping! Their stuff goes on sale so often that it doenst make sense to pay full price. With that being said, I bought all 7 of my bmaids their dresses from there for full price cause I didnt want them to run out! ha

I'm paying for my girls, we got dresses from Victoria's secret for $55, so not too bad. That will be part of my gift to them, maybe makeup too or something. I think we're going to pay for the guys too, if we ever decide on a color scheme that will go with everything else :)

I wanted to get a dress from David's bridal for cheap, but we found a dress at a boutique for $170 each. I have 8 bridesmaids and 3 of them were with me. I protested about the price but they all said they don't care. I think they will care when they find out how much the resort is costing!!! That is why I have not told the other bridesmaids how much it is yet...

At my friend's wedding last 2007, all her bridesmaid were her friends (I'm not one because I was pregnant that time) and they are all professionals so she just asked all of them to pay for their own dress. They all agreed.

Mine, my bridesmaids were all teenagers so I paid for all of them. So I think it depends on the financial stability of your bridesmaids. So can ask them if they have the money to pay for it. Anyway they are the owner of the dress unless rented.

For my wedding I am paying for the dresses and hair. (I am only having 2 bm's) and they can choose their own dress. I am bm in a wedding I paid for my own shoes and half of the dress and the bride is paying for make up and the rest of the dress. My only issue about it is that while I love the shoes they are absolute killers! So painful.

Hello ladies~

We paid for both the bridesmaid dresses and the groomsmens shirts & ties. It will be part of their gift. We are also flying down a make up/hair stylist so no on will have to worry about that either for the big day, I'm just asking that they tip the stylist since we are covering the expense of the stylist's airfare. Hope this helps. I ordered the bridesmaid dresses from J.Crew and got a $225.00 for just $69.99, but make sure to act fast if you're ordering a dress from there. In my experience they change their sales and which colors are on sale pretty quickly.

I've decided to pay for my two BMs dresses. I'm a bargain hunter and know we'll find something gorgeous that works into my budget. They'll pay for their own shoes/jewelry etc. though.