Photo

How many surgeries have you had?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

So my co-workers and I were talking about surgeries today. They all seemed to be surprised at how many I've had with only being 30. So I thought I would put this out there just for fun.

Surgery #1 - I was tongue-tied when I was little so they had to cut the part that holds your tongue down. I think I was about 2 or 3.

Surgery #2 - I was 16 and snored like a mother, so they removed my tonsils and adnoids. I snore no more...well barely! lol

Surgery #3 - I was 17 and tore the ACL ligament in my right knee. Had surgery to repair this.

Surgery #4 - I was around 20 and had my 4 wisdom teeth removed. FUN - NOT!! Man did I ever look like a chipmunk!

Surgery #5 - I was 25 and had to have my gall bladder removed. I never had problems with it until I lost 75lbs. The doc said it was because I lost weight. Go figure, you do something healthy for yourself and it causes other problems!

and finally Surgery #6 (last nov) - I was 29. This time I tore a ligament and my meniscus in my left knee. Again, surgery to repair this!

So that's a total of 6 surgeries before I was 30. Hmmm, maybe that is a lot! lol What about you guys? Can anyone beat that?! lol

#2 lscilley

lscilley
    • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

I am 25 and have had a couple:
      #1- I was 12 or so and had to have surgery on my bladder
      #2-at 20 I had a emergency surgery on an inflammed gland
      #3-at 20 again I had to have the 2nd surgery again didn't work the first time
      #4-at 24 wasn't surgery but they had to put me out for a procedure in my stomach and then wanted to take my gallbladder out but didn't

#3 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
      • 387 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

Wow...you're a seasoned pro ;-) I've had 3 office "surgeries" (wisdom teeth removal, ingrown toenail removals....OUCH, and a pre-cancerous lesion taken off of my skin). I had a breast biopsy last year for a suspicious mass (which thankfully was benign, but it was ironic since I'm a surgeon who in 1 year will be performing only breast cancer surgery).
        Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

just 1 if you count that - wisdom teeth!

#5 jk1101

jk1101
          • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

#1 - Eye surgery to correct muscle imbalance - age 8
            #2 - all 4 wisdom teeth - age 16
            #3 - Gall Bladder removal - age 19
            #4 - sinus surgery (DO NOT EVER HAVE THIS DONE _ THE MOST PAINFUL THING I HAVE EVER ENDURED!!!!!) - age 27
            #5 - Emergency Appendectomy - age 37

I'm hoping I'm finished :)

#6 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
            • 510 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

I have had all my wisdom teeth pulled but 2 at a time (Not sure if this counts)
              I had to have my sinuses(sp) lifted (not sure if its what you had jerseykitten) it was a little painful but once my medicine kicked in it was fine.
              They were both under local anesthesia(sp?)
              Other than that nothing, knock on wood!!!

#7 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
              • 340 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:18 PM

I have endometriosis, and all of my surgeries were for endo.

#1 ~ Age 17 ~ Operative laparoscopy
                #2 ~ Age 18 ~ Operative laparoscopy and Appendectomy
                #3 ~ Age 20 ~ Operative laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy
                #4 ~ Age 26 ~ Operative laparoscopy

My dentist told me 3 years ago that I need all 4 wisdom teeth out, but I haven't been brave enough to do it!

#8 KarenM

KarenM
                • 1,920 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

1. tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy ~17
                  2. wisdom teeth removal x4 ~18
                  3. re-do of adenoidectomy ~24ish
                  4. IDET procedure on L4-L5 (insert needle into lumbar spine & basically melt the outer layer of the disc to repair herniated discs). Not exactly surgery but not fun ~26

#9 CrystalM

CrystalM
                  • 829 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

ugh. Just 1.

Wisdom teeth - all 4, got dry socket. I was 19 and told them to knock me out.

I told them I was allergic to opium based drugs and they gave me Tylenol 3. I was with it enough to mumble that I was allergic. They then gave me Darvocet. Again, I'm allergic!!! dumb .

After that experience I'm afraid to have anything else done to me - including Lasik (desperately wanted!)
                    I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#10 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 5,369 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

Ive only had 1 - all 4 wisdom teeth at once, also got dry sockets, blah

Hopefully that is it for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users